Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A Highlight Spring Muster Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: A&A Highlight Spring Muster         Reply with quote

April 2008 Highlight Special from Arms & Armor

April will start with a different type of Highlight Special. It will be a great price on several different items. Many are one of, so it will be first come first serve and we will update the page daily to keep people informed. It allows you to pickup some one of a kind items from A&A at a very good price. See details here ARMS & ARMOR News.

Best from A&A Inc.
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig, I hate you. Happy
HistoricalHandcrafts.com
-Inspired by History, Crafted by Hand

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
Mike Arledge

Reading list: 8 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bill Grandy wrote:
Craig, I hate you. Happy

Make that two Blush

Now I have another place I need to keep constant vigilance to get deals. My fiance is going to kill me Happy

Mike J Arledge

The Dude Abides
D. Rosen

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Amateurs...

I've hated them for this very reason for years now. Big Grin Razz

I desperately want that Italian Bill...
Jon H.

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Dammit all. If I hadn't already put some money aside for an Albion Landgraf, that Rapier would be ordered by now. Razz
Chris Last

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Now you have a Bec. Two years ago when I could afford, no, but now. Happy How long till show season? Need to find funds...
" Hang fires are all fun and games untill someone gets their eye poked out... by charging calvary." - J.Shoemaker

Chris Last
GSM-Bristol
http://www.gsmbristol.org
C. Gadda

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chris Last wrote:
Now you have a Bec. Two years ago when I could afford, no, but now. Happy How long till show season? Need to find funds...

Well, you need not worry about the Bec, I took care of it....

Think of it as one less temptation in your life! Big Grin
Chris Last

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh you suck! I was just emailing him! Happy

Congrats, just remember me if you ever need to sell it back! Happy

" Hang fires are all fun and games untill someone gets their eye poked out... by charging calvary." - J.Shoemaker

Chris Last
GSM-Bristol
http://www.gsmbristol.org
C. Gadda

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chris Last wrote:

I honestly didn't even think it would be available. I saw the notice about an hour or a little more after it was posted. Seeing the Bec, I went ahead and called them. Mark answered, and the conversation went something like this:

Me: Is the Bec de Corbyn still available?

Mark: I think so. Hey, Craig! Is the Bec still available? <muffled response in background> Yes, its still here.

Me: I'll take it!

Chatted for awhile on related matters, like the customized Gustav Vasa parrying dagger I have on order with them (almost done, fittings need to be blued).

Been interested in one of these for awhile, now. Especially after reading through my old MRL catalogues, and kicking myself at not getting them when they were originally available (like I had funds, being in college at the time...)
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

C. Gadda wrote:
Chris Last wrote:

Well, you need not worry about the Bec, I took care of it....

Think of it as one less temptation in your life! Big Grin

You beat me to it. I'd e-mailed Craig saying I'd take it, and he kindly let me know that someone else had saved me from temptation. Happy

HistoricalHandcrafts.com
-Inspired by History, Crafted by Hand

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Curses, the Halberd and the Sparth axe are both calling me... dagnabbit I REALLY wanted to get that compact .45 auto... maybe if I get a project done this week...
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Jason Elrod

Reading list: 38 books

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Darn work blocking my favorite websites. I too would have picked up the Bec De Corbin. Given the interest in the Bec in this thread maybe A&A should create some new molds.
Joe Fults

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I can honestly say I'm not tempted one little bit. Big Grin

Because I have no money to spend! Sad

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
C. Gadda

PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
I can honestly say I'm not tempted one little bit. Big Grin

Because I have no money to spend! Sad

Curiously, money wasn't so much an issue - especially at a mere $350 (a bargain compared to, say, the halberd or a standard Poll Axe). My only hesitation was what my wife might say... but once I explained how badly I wanted one and how long I had been seeking it, she let me live. Lucky, that.

Have a nice place over the fireplace, between my Schmidberger Austrian Masterpiece and my A&A GBS, for it.

A funny thing, though. Recently a gent had an old A&A Swiss Axe on the Classifieds for sale at what I thought was a fair price. I went back and forth on that quite a bit, and finally concluded that it just wasn't something I absolutely *had* to have, so I let it go.

Good thing, too. If I had gotten the axe AND the bec, my wife probably would have brained me with one or both... and I can't say I'd have blamed her, either.

All things considered things worked out extremely well!
Joe Fults

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 28 Mar, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just a timing thing for me.

I even had to pass on a very good classified deal recently.

Fortunately I already have an A&A halberd that might be a prototype of this one.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Spring Muster         Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for your great interest.

We were surprised by the intensity of response and glad that some of these pieces found homes so quickly. Mark will have much shipping to do in the next few days. Happy

This Bec is probably not going to come back. We do have some plans for a different style in the future but not sure how long till that is up and running.

We may well decide to do this group item offer on a semi annual type basis as it seemed to be popular and fun for folks. As so much stuff went so quickly, yesterday, I will do a look around the shop and see if I can not toss a few more things on the pile in the coming days.

Best
Craig

PS Joe is correct his Halberd was the basis for this piece though the socket is not as deep and the spike as long as Joe's, I believe he holds the record at the moment Happy
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allright, which one of you double-crossing, good-for-nothing wiseguys got that rapier? Sad
"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Jonathon Janusz

PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Cry Now I'm not the only one with exclusive access to the one-off stuff because I hang out at the booth at Bristol!

Seriously, great idea. . . that reminds me, I need to send some email. . .
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 31 Mar, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

C. Gadda wrote:

Curiously, money wasn't so much an issue - especially at a mere $350 (a bargain compared to, say, the halberd or a standard Poll Axe). My only hesitation was what my wife might say... but once I explained how badly I wanted one and how long I had been seeking it, she let me live. Lucky, that.

Have a nice place over the fireplace, between my Schmidberger Austrian Masterpiece and my A&A GBS, for it.

A funny thing, though. Recently a gent had an old A&A Swiss Axe on the Classifieds for sale at what I thought was a fair price. I went back and forth on that quite a bit, and finally concluded that it just wasn't something I absolutely *had* to have, so I let it go.

Good thing, too. If I had gotten the axe AND the bec, my wife probably would have brained me with one or both... and I can't say I'd have blamed her, either.

All things considered things worked out extremely well!

I too ended up blowing off the axe in the classifieds (as it turned out I had a very similar piece already) which is just as well. I finally tossed the idea of the .45 out the window and ended up with the halberd. Thanks for doing the legwork on that one Joe. Happy

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Tue 01 Apr, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

C. Gadda wrote:
Chris Last wrote:

I honestly didn't even think it would be available. I saw the notice about an hour or a little more after it was posted. Seeing the Bec, I went ahead and called them. Mark answered, and the conversation went something like this:

Me: Is the Bec de Corbyn still available?

Mark: I think so. Hey, Craig! Is the Bec still available? <muffled response in background> Yes, its still here.

Me: I'll take it!

Chatted for awhile on related matters, like the customized Gustav Vasa parrying dagger I have on order with them (almost done, fittings need to be blued).

Been interested in one of these for awhile, now. Especially after reading through my old MRL catalogues, and kicking myself at not getting them when they were originally available (like I had funds, being in college at the time...)

Oh Wow! Am I ever glad I bought this polearm back in the summer on the Labor Day Weekend Sunday! I had been "nagging" Craig about making these again, because it was my most desired polearm! This is One Awesome Piece!
I would never even contemplate the idea of selling it, though I am still of the mind that what comes into my collection, stays in my collection. Even so, I guess just as an expression, there is no way I would ever part with my Arms & Armor Bec De Corbin!

It handles so smoothly and I have it's little brother the "Warhammer". C. Gadda, your gonna Love your Bec, I mean you will LOVE your Bec De Corbin! It's my favorite polearm in my collection and I have a few more than a dozen polearms, but a dozen of those polearms are in fact Arms & Armor pieces, including the Sparth Axe (custom) "longer haft, welded spine along back of distal point and tempered".
I've had the pleasure to handle Joe Fult's halberd and that is one very fine polearm, I gotta say I Like it a Whole Lot Exclamation Yes C. Gadda, that German Bastard Sword is a true Joy, it was my "Sacred Sword Decision", my very first sword and it maintains the status of being "The Most Important Piece in My Collection"! A High Five on the GBS C. Gadda!
Russ, the Sparth Axe is a really nice piece, go for the Sparth Axe and leave that halberd alone! Because, "I" want to inquire about it! Laughing Out Loud
Chris, I am sorry you missed out on the Bec De Corbin, didn't you see them on display last summer at the Renaissance Faire? LOL. By the way Chris, I really envy you in regard to your Albion Talhoffer, that is one very Sweet Sword indeed! Oh and your Reeve too Exclamation
D. Rosen, I will see you opening day at the Faire, I too want that Italian Bill really bad too but I would probably be impaled with it by my wife, because I am buying an Arms & Armor St. Maurice Sword which is headed for Kult of Athena.
I found out Ryan had ordered it and I jumped on it immediately! So I'd probably get impaled by the halberd too, if I went for that, so Russ, I will let you go for the halberd. Maybe! Laughing Out Loud
Jonothan, I will be at the Arms & Armor Boothe, early, on opening day, so there I have given you fair warning! LOL
See, this is what I get for not coming into myArmoury for several days, I have been missing out on something here!

WOW, am I ever glad I stuck to my principles and bought the Bec De Corbin, that principle being that I had been nagging Craig about making them again and therefore "my principle" is that I therefore had an obligation to buy one!

I really like the humor in this thread, it's Great! Truly very funny! Thanks Everyone for your humor, I got a some great laughs!

Bob

It IS What It IS! Only In Truth, Can Reality Exist!
To "Learn" we must empty our minds and therefore open our mind and spirit. A wet sponge absorbs no water. A preconceived mind is recalcitrant to new knowledge!

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A Highlight Spring Muster
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: