Australian Historical Swordplay in the news
Last saturday the state news did a piece on me and Stoccata. It can be seen here Overall I'm quite pleased. It took the activity seriously. They did include the take where I said to my student "that was awful, what's the bet they include that". They also played up my very small involvement teaching fight directors (it was their "angle") and I would have liked to have seen more about the historical basis for the arts. But as far as these things go, very positive.

Cheers
Stephen[/url]
Very nice, Steve! Congrats!
Wow! That was positive. Nothing about it suggested that there was anything eccentric or weird about having a passion for the sport. Since they mentioned it, I suppose it would be nice to dream of an Olympic event developing within a generation or so.
Congratulations for the positive exposure! :D
That reporter was pretty respectful and informative for a fluff piece! Rather classy, I must say. :)

BTW, you folks have one hell of a pretty view from that park. Nice choice for a practice venue. :cool:
Kel Rekuta wrote:
That reporter was pretty respectful and informative for a fluff piece! Rather classy, I must say. :)

BTW, you folks have one hell of a pretty view from that park. Nice choice for a practice venue. :cool:

Thanks Kel,

Actually the "park" is a 19th century battery, so for "view" read "field of fire". Most of the action in the piece took place just a few yards from a massive 1880s cannon that was built to put holes in anything sailing up the estuary.

Cheers
Steve

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: