:D
The swords look cool either way ;)
Re: Albion has changed looks
Vincent Le Chevalier wrote:
Ok, I can't be the first one to notice it:
http://www.albion-swords.com/

:D
The swords look cool either way ;)

You know, there's just something very endearing about not taking yourself too seriously ALL
of the time ...

or ...

... emit eht fo LLA ylsouires oot flesrouy gnikat ton touba gnireadne yrev gnihtemos tsuj s'ereht,
wonk uoY
http://www.albion-swords.com/april-1-b.htm

Those silly fellows! I tried the mirror thing, it's pretty cool. I love April Fool's Day! Incidentally, it's also the Persian equivalent of Thanksgiving today, so Happy Sizdah Bedar!
By coincidence, my custom Albion fantasy sword arrived today!

This piece is loosely based on the famous Sword of Loof Lirpa from the Isles of Langerhans octilogy, with some additions of my own taste.

This is a shortsword, of course, with a triple-edged blade of 30 inches (80 inches overall) terminating in a double-bit axe. The upward-sloping, feliform cross is of cast granitine, gilded, and with my full name inset in rubyite and emeraldel.

The skull-crusher pommel is in the form of a crushed skull and is made of actual crushed skulls.

The grip is completely hollow and contains several items of survival gear, including matches, fish hooks and a dune buggy.

The grip core is "apestone" (a.k.a. elephant ivory that has passed through the digestive system of a male highland gorilla—very rare). I changed my mind about the gold wire and unicorn hair overwrap and rewrapped it myself with anodized Cullman County peach skin (eat local!).

In the books, The Sword of Loof Lirpa is transported by the mighty Ass of Loof Lirpa. In lieu of an actual donkey I modified a standard audiovisual cart, cladding the whole in donkey skin (No, I didn't kill a donkey...he fell.) I disguised the rubber wheels with Martin's Hoof-Brite (a great product with dozens of uses).

Including the cart, the piece weighs 215 lbs and cost $87,000 (€36 / £7).

I had to sell my digital camera to fund the project, but I'm sure y'all get the picture.

Last edited by Sean Flynt on Tue 01 Apr, 2008 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Well, happy April fools day everyone! Sean, your custom Albion sword sounds like a real beauty! Are you going to do any cutting with it?
Tim Lison wrote:
Well, happy April fools day everyone! Sean, your custom Albion sword sounds like a real beauty! Are you going to do any cutting with it?

Oh, yes, it's a sight to see! I can't lift it, of course, so no cutting. Maybe some ramming.
Huh, Firefox was loading it from cache. I had to use IE, to figure out the joke. Doesn't matter, though, I've got two dyslexic family members; I can read it either way.

-Grey
Sad cat story :<

M.
Although I like the sound of your custom peice Sean it doesn't come close to the one they did for me. Mine was inspired by the AD&D Holy Avenger sword.

They forge welded mithril edges onto a stainlees steel body. You can hardly see the transition between the two materials at all !!!!! As usual for their work however the most impressive feature was the wide & deep blood groove. Totally even on both sides with flawless execution. These guys just keep getting better and better at what they do.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: