Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A Highlight Spring Muster Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 01 Apr, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I think it's interesting the other bit that Craig added namely that they are likely to come up with a variation on the them of the Bec. I wonder what the variation will be and how it will be constructed. I also wonder, just how big a seller was the Bec when the mold was fine? Is its value now because of its rarity?
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Joe Fults

Feedback score: 100%
(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 01 Apr, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As an aside I DO think this was is a neat little exercise.

The Spring Muster bit that is.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 02 Apr, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Anybody ever seen how Busse Combat Knife sales work? Similar phenomenon. A very interesting business model.
C. Gadda

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 04 Apr, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: The Bec hath arrived!         Reply with quote

Came home this afternoon to find an overly long box laying out by the front door - Santa either came really early or really late this year Big Grin

After unwrapping my very well wrapped package all I can say is WOW! This is a real corker! I've got a bunch of swords (from the Bronze age to the Renaissance), a few axes, maces, and warhammers, but I've never had a poll arm in my collection ere now.

Definately the first, but probably not the last, as I am also interested in at least getting a customized Knightly Poll Axe from them and maybe even forging one of my own.

Top notch piece! Now all I need to do is find a castle to storm!

One thing I'm going to do, though, is either carve or burn the words "The Last" in gothic miniscule, preferably translated into Latin, into the haft towards the butt end. Seems fitting enough. Need to drag out my books on Latin to do the translation, though.
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 07 Apr, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Spring Muster at A&A         Reply with quote

We have had a right good look round the shop and have added a few items to the muster. We hope you see something you like.

Best
A&A Inc.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 07 Apr, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh wouldn't you know it... horseman's axes... Craig you suck... and I'm tapped out now. Maybe these will hang around for a while...
Rob MacL.

PostPosted: Mon 07 Apr, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have to say, that aged viking shield looks awesome- I am afraid I am tapped out of disposible income for the forseeable future, but if I had the scratch, it would head straight to my wall!
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Sat 12 Apr, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It's almost painful that I had to miss out on the halberd, I'd of bought that baby in a heartbeat! But then that would blow it for me in aquiring the Arms & Armor St. Maurice Sword that I've reserved which is headed for Kult of Athena at some point in time, but no hurry. As with many, I too am having "tight times"!

If I ever get the winning lottery ticket, Arms & Armor and Albion Swords will know about it the
day I learn about it! Laughing Out Loud

Sincerely!

Bob

It IS What It IS! Only In Truth, Can Reality Exist!
To "Learn" we must empty our minds and therefore open our mind and spirit. A wet sponge absorbs no water. A preconceived mind is recalcitrant to new knowledge!
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sat 12 Apr, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bob Burns wrote:
It's almost painful that I had to miss out on the halberd, I'd of bought that baby in a heartbeat! But then that would blow it for me in aquiring the Arms & Armor St. Maurice Sword that I've reserved which is headed for Kult of Athena at some point in time, but no hurry. As with many, I too am having "tight times"!

If I ever get the winning lottery ticket, Arms & Armor and Albion Swords will know about it the
day I learn about it! Laughing Out Loud

Sincerely!

Bob

Bob, I agree with you that if I won a big lottery prize it would make getting more toys easier but then if I bought everything all at the same time I might be overwhelmed by having them all at the same time and might not appreciate each as much as when I have to prioritize and pic and choose what I really want most.

At the same time there are some in this " sale " that I regret not being able to get right now: The Italian Bill, the Sparth Axe being high up in the list of " tempting ". For the Italian Bill it helps that I already have my custom A & A Langue de Boeuf, so the big scary polearm slot, at least, is something I already have one of.

Funny but having the capacity to buy anything in a way may makes one more " choosy " about what to " lust " about: Knowing that you could get a specific piece anytime one would want it sort of takes the urgency out of it: What we can't have always hold more fascination than what can easily have.

As far as collecting goals, having unlimited funds would make me more choosy and I would probably go more for the custom design route and have more things made for the pleasure of the design process itself. Wink Big Grin

Other than that, very special pieces by very talented makers who surprised me with designs I wouldn't have imagined myself. Wink In a very rich dreamworld it would be like being a " Renaissance Prince " and being a " Patron " in the field of the ART of historical/fantasy weapon making ........... Well, enough of the megalomaniacal dreaming ! Razz Laughing Out Loud

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Joe Fults

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sat 12 Apr, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If you won the lottery, a really big pot, why not just pick a company you like and buy it for grins.

Valuations can't be that high.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sat 12 Apr, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
If you won the lottery, a really big pot, why not just pick a company you like and buy it for grins.

Valuations can't be that high.

Only if one wants to get all the " fun " of running a business. Razz More fun just being their biggest client. Wink Big Grin

If we are talking billions the best would be to buy your own island, make it an independent country, make your own laws and be the KING ....... It's good to be the King. Laughing Out Loud And it's good to be a good King to avoid all those pesky peasant revolts. Laughing Out Loud

Craig:

To get back to the Topic I will mention that the horsemen's axes look very good also, but I'm curious about why the variants in design of the axe ( how it came about ) and will both variants be available in the future ? Having variants of standard models is something I like by the way when it doesn't overly complicate the production line.

I think that variants to the standard models are possible as custom or semi-custom commissions since I remember that Bob has had variants made of the Sparth Axe, Edward III and Black Prince swords. ( At extra cost and possibly longer wait times ?)

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 17 Apr, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Axes         Reply with quote

Hello Jean

Sorry it has taken me a bit to respond.

These axes were made from castings that did not come out well so part of the standard part was not there and I do not weld on a chunk to make a full one. This type of axe has many surviving examples and the head shapes do vary quite a bit so these would be very much in the style of this weapon.

Options are always available Happy the thing is how much time does it add to the item to finish. In general it is easier to take some away from an item as opposed to adding more to a piece.

Best
Craig

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A Highlight Spring Muster
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: