How do you store your armor?
Regardless of what you have, be it plate, chain, scale, etc., how do you store it? Do you have a simple pole through the sleeves of your hauberk, like the Bayeux tapestry, a maniquin, or just a cardboard box?

M.
I used to have the pole through the sleeves but now the maille lives in an old pillow case under the bed. I kick it every now and then.

Plate goes on a wooden stand in the workshop mostly, although I do have a do-maru on a solid coat hanger in my wardrobe.

If I had a big enough house I would probably display the bits that look good together.

How about you M? How do you store yours?
my mail i keep in a burlap sack on a shelf.
my segmentata i keep on my dresser
my plate i built a stand that is the same size i am.
my helmets line the top of my bookshelves and computer desk
Here's my little arsenal. The photo is about a year old, though, so now my scale armor is hanging up while the lorica is packed in its satchel getting kicked around the floor. (That's okay, it goes to a school demo every 2 or 3 weeks!) Might pack away the Uruk-hai stuff next, and use that stand for the lorica.

Matthew

Attachment: 62.74 KB
room407b.jpg

I keep my mail in a bright orange backpack (so I don't lose track of where it is when I'm looking for it).

Most of the jousters I know put their armour in some really nice big plastic tool trunks with wheels (I think you can get them at Home Depot) to travel from show to show (work good as chairs/benches/mounting blocks/etc.).

Lloyd's got a really nice period design oak trunk coming to store his armour in. I'm thinking down the road I would like to go that route too, and maybe add some individual quilted bags for each piece, for transport to demos, with some sort of stand to use at home for display/storage.
D. Austin wrote:
How about you M? How do you store yours?

Well, in truth my armor is limited to a pair of spaulders I was going to mount on my leather jacket for laughs (I may end up selling them here for a more historically correct version, they are articulated with nylon). I also have a buckler, which sits on a low dresser I have assigned to be my "arming table". I don't exactly have a lot of cash at this time, but if I can, I plan to buy some more stuff from the Mercenaries Tailor. Despite the a-historical backing on the products in mind, I think they'll serve well. I'm also hoping to get a hauberk from the wholesale armor guys, the riveted one, and actually started this thread for storage ideas.

M.
Greetings fellows!
Thats my option :cool:

Attachment: 40.98 KB
1.jpg

lol, in a big suitcase with wheels. I transport my armor every week to my SCA practice. A wheeled suitcase is the best way I have figured out. In between practice it stays in the suitcase and out of my way.
Some pieces are on a wooden cross stand that I made:

[ Linked Image ]

But most of my plate armor lives in a large hockey bag. Helms usually sit out in front of the fireplace or TV, with the rest of the mail laid out or curled up nearby.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: