A&A English Two-hander
I am in teh process of purchasing the A&A English Two-hander. I love and trust A&A swords but I was wondering if anyone had this sword already. Impressions? Tests? Speak out people :D
I don't own the A&A English Two-Hander but I do own many of their swords and the Two-Hander is on my 'wish list', please post when you receive it, I'd be interested in your opinion.

Many years ago, I think when they first started producing this replica, I held one at their booth at the GA Ren. faire. Very light for it's size, which is impressive. I thought the blade a bit 'whippy' side-to-side, but I'd expect that from a thin cutting blade this big. I own a couple of lower cost two-handers and they seem very heavy and clumsy to swing. The A&A Two-Hander felt much more manuverable, balanced, and 'authentic' in-hand.

Good luck with your purchase!
My A&A Braveheart
Craig made me a replica of the Braveheart movie sword around 1998. It has a 46" blade and yes, it's a little whippy. I think that long blades would be difficult to be made totally stiff. Perhaps hollow grinding would help, but I am not sure. This version of the sword will also be made from the new steel A&A is using. I know that their work has also gotten better with time. I'll send a full report and pics when I get it.
I'd be interested about this one too. It's far down my want list but of course every single piece that Arms and Armor makes IS on my want list.
Russ I will give a full re port when I get the sword.
I haev been having my eye on this one for a long time. It is a copy of sword A474 in the Walalce colelction. Does anyone have a pic of the original? Here is a pic of the A&A one.

Attachment: 5.92 KB
156.jpg
A&A version of Wallace Colection #A474
Re: Russ I will give a full re port when I get the sword.
You guys are really lucky. A sword of that size costs a small fortune to ship to Canada. As I am quite enarmoured with 2 handers, this sword tops my A & A list.
Re: Russ I will give a full re port when I get the sword.
Joel Whitmore wrote:
Does anyone have a pic of the original? Here is a pic of the A&A one.

One needs not go any further than our own Photo Album Database here at myArmoury.com. Check it out: http://www.myArmoury.com/albums/photo/1713.html

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: