New Windlass Knightly Sword
Not sure if you guys have seen this but in the new items at Kult of Athena I saw the Windlass Knightly Sword. I was thinking recently Windlass didn't have a type XII classic knightly in their collection, and this seems like a decent offering, though a tad heavy. The wood grip also seems a prime candidate for a rewrap, and the brass looks pretty good. At the very least it'll be a hold over until the chevalier :)

Attachment: 71.3 KB
[ Download ]
Seems this is just the KOH Reynald sword regripped/hilted. Its likely a beast.
Interesting look. Seems kinda massive, but not in a bad way. And I do like the style of the fittings. Something about the proportions put me off, though, which it too bad. :confused:
New sword
Yeah, likely to be real heavy. And what about that antiqued BRASS hilt? :eek: At least the blade looks nice. This would be best as a wall hanger, or perhaps a costume piece, IMO. No offence to anyone who happens to like this one, BTW.
It seems like a conglomeration of swords...KOH Reynald grip, Sword of Guy cross...I'm not sure if ive seen that pommel before but the blade is used on several KOH swords. I have the Sword of Guy and despite having a suprisingly heavy pommel it is quite blade heavy...I would expect this one to be as well. Despite the obvious mix' n' match of parts, it is an attractive sword.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: