Go to page 1, 2  Next

Baltimore Antique Arms Show March 15-16, 2008
www.baltimoreshow.com

March 15 -16, 2008
Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Admission Saturday $8.00 Sunday $5.00

I will be there this year, as will several other regulars from the Antique & Military Sword section at SFI. Are any other myArmoury forumites planning on attending? There will be a lot of 18th and 19th century (and probably later) militaria and arms, but there will also be a few tables with earlier (16th and 17th centuries) weapons and armor. This is the biggest antique arms show in the US, and from what I hear it is definitely worth the price of admission. If you will be there, please respond in this thread. It is always fun to meet fellow enthusiasts, even if specific historical interests are a few centuries apart! :D

Jonathan
I'll be there, along with some friends. I went last year, and it was fantastic. A surprising number of Renaissance arms and armour.
Great, Bill! Will you be there for both days? I would really enjoy meeting you.

Jonathan
Bill Grandy wrote:
I'll be there, along with some friends.

Along with various hangers-on, like me. :)
but no, its can't be that weekend. I'll be in Jamestown at the MTA event. :( looks like i will miss the show and meeting up with you guys
Jonathan Hopkins wrote:
Great, Bill! Will you be there for both days? I would really enjoy meeting you.

Jonathan

I'll be there all day Saturday, but I have to work the following day. Shoot me a PM, I'm sure we can meet up.

Chuck Russell wrote:
but no, its can't be that weekend. I'll be in Jamestown at the MTA event. looks like i will miss the show and meeting up with you guys

Aw man, is it the same weekend? I constantly miss that event! I've managed to be busy the same weekend every single year.
Ooh! Thanks for posting this topic. I'll definitely be there!

Does the Balto. show typically have a fair share of vendors? Sorry if this seems like a silly question. I'm kind of new around here. :p
According to their website they have over 1000 tables. Apparently it is the largest show of its kind in the US, so the answer to your question is "yes." ;)

Jonathan

ADDED: Forgot to add that there will be an arms and armor auction on the evening of the 15th as well!

http://www.auctionsimperial.com/

It will be quite a weekend!
I'll be going along with Bill and Pamela.
I'll be along with Bill's posse!

CHT
There will be a lot of people to meet! That's great! I am saving my pennies and hoping that I don't come home empty-handed. ;)

Jonathan
Oh, wow, I hadn't realized there was an auction!

Jonathan Hopkins wrote:
I am saving my pennies and hoping that I don't come home empty-handed.

Heh, I'm sort of hoping the exact opposite... If I had come home with even one of the pieces I'd wanted from last year, I would be living in a cardboard box right now. :)
Man..this sucks...why can't they have it on the week-end before or after.....it always falls on St. Patricks Day week-end and I'm commited to playing with the pipe & drum band.

Sure would be nice to finally meet Jonathan, Pamela, Christian, others and to see Bill G. & Jason again.

Maybe nesxt year I'll make a more formitable effort to finally make the trip.

Have a great time people and do report back (with photos if possible)

Auf Wiedersehen,

Bill
Pamela Muir wrote:
Bill Grandy wrote:
I'll be there, along with some friends.

Along with various hangers-on, like me. :)

Yup, I plan to be there as well. :)
Ten days to go and I couldn't be more excited! What types of arms and/or armor will you all be hoping to see? Or buy? :D

Jonathan
This will be my first time going; so I'm not sure what to expect. I do hope to see some crusader-era armour, gothic plate, fine examples of pattern-welded blades, and (assuming I get my tax return in time :p), I'd really like to see/buy a schiavona.

Aye, I'm kind of all over the place in my interests. :p
Less than one week! :)

A re-cap of forumites who will be at the show:

Bill Grandy
Pamela Muir
Jason Elrod
Christian Tobler
Ed Toton
Jon H.
Jonathan Hopkins
Man, that was a great show! Lots of fantastic pieces that we got to handle. I'm sure there will be some photos coming up sometime soon!

Jonathan, it was nice to meet you in person! Sorry we didn't get to chat more!
Photos! Yes please. I wish I could have gone. Glad you guys had a good time, I am definitely planning on going to the Hartford show this fall.
It was a pleasure to meet Bill Grandy, Christian Tobler, Pamela Muir, Ed Toton, and …uh…I am bad with names, I apologize! Anyhow, I agree it would have been fun to chat more. There is always next year (or the Hartford Show :) )!

Surprisingly I did not leave with any swords. I did buy a book, however: “Silver Mounted Swords: The Lattimer Family Collection”. It features 1300 photos of American swords from the Revolution through the War of 1812.

Allen, you should definitely come to Hartford in October. It is a nice show and has many of the same dealers as Baltimore.

Jonathan
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: