Gladiator Helmets - Pictures or Documentation Needed
Good afternoon Gentlemen,

I've been searching the internet, and was wondering if any of you have pictures or documentation on exisiting historical "gladiator" style helmets. I stretch this term to also include interesting Greek and Roman style helms, different from the standard legion and historical greek helmets.

The following pictures (reproductions) seem to follow the general trends of the historical museum and private collection piece pictures I can find. These are from the legionxxiv.org website.

the Hoplomachus style gladiator helmet

[ Linked Image ]

the Thracian style helmet

[ Linked Image ]

the "Mirmillo / Murmillo" or "Fish Man" style helmet, on the left, and a "Secutor" or "Chaser" style on the right

[ Linked Image ]

Are there any style or types that I'm missing?

There is also the Osprey Series book on Gladiators (click the link below for a good pic of the cover)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1841762997/re...eader-link

In particular I'm looking for more information on the helm on the upper RIGHT (edit: I said left in initial post) of the cover. I have not seen any like it during my searches, and I love to see the historical examples and pictures from different angles.

Thanks Guys ! Any help is appreciated !
Chris, you may wish to check out this forum on the Roman Army Talk (RAT) board, there are a great number of very expert people there who are very willing to help.
http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewforum.php?f=...cdc060876b

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: