Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Whiterose Armory ?! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Stephan Hall

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Mon 24 Dec, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Whiterose Armory ?!         Reply with quote

I searched the net a lot af sites and guys linkt to whiterose but im unable to open the site. I havent found any infos about closing or anything else. Whats wrong are they out of bussiness. please tell me whats going on
yours stephan
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Mon 24 Dec, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Don't know what is going on.

Do know that as of this morning I cannot pull up any Whiterose sites.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Gabriel Lebec
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 32 books

PostPosted: Mon 24 Dec, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have moved this topic to the Off-topic Talk forum. Please note the description for this forum: "Discussions of general history and other miscellaneous topics relating to arms and armour that do not specifically fit our other forums."

Thank you.

Regarding the original question: Stephan, welcome to myArmoury. If you are talking about http://www.whiterosearmoury.co.uk/ or their daughter/sister companies http://www.whiteroseapparel.co.uk/linkpage.htm and http://www.whiterosecastings.co.uk/ , then those sites appear to be down. Google's cache for White Rose Armoury suggests the last time it was updated was 2006, and at least one topic from late 2007 on this site indicates difficulty contacting them, so perhaps the company is defunct. I don't know for sure though.

Good luck,
-GLL

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science." - Albert Einstein
________
Hisham Gaballa

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Mon 24 Dec, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was at a reenactment even back in June and I met a woman who said she worked for White Rose Armoury. Off course it isn't necessarily the same White Rose Armoury...
Gabriel Lebec
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 32 books

PostPosted: Mon 24 Dec, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hisham Gaballa wrote:
Of course it isn't necessarily the same White Rose Armoury...
And of course they could just have let their website kick the bucket. Or the site could just be temporarily down.
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science." - Albert Einstein
________
David Evans

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 24 Dec, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: White Rose Armoury         Reply with quote

As I understand White Rose Armoury discovered by chance that their Website Host had gone down. They are currently trying to sort out a new Host. Which in the UK at this time of year is slightly tricky!
Ian Chin

PostPosted: Wed 26 Dec, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: White Rose Armoury         Reply with quote

Hi there

In response to the questions regarding White Rose Armoury. Perhaps I may able to help with your enquiries etc. White Rose Armoury has had problems in the past with their website and telephone communications system. This was due to the heavy flooding with occured several months ago up North ,literally flooding their workshop.

As you know the company is run by Dave Hewitt and Steve Lund. They also have various sister companies too. I am currently having a sword made by them which has been organised through a friend (He is also a personal friend of Dave & Steve). My friend has informed me that they are currently working on their website and getting the telephone and matters of comminication sorted out. So, please be rest assured that the company has not perminantly closed down or gone bust.

There is also a sister company called White Rose Forge which is run by Joe Laverack. He is currently the prime sword maker and works alongside both Steve & Dave in their workshop. . His website is still running but communication is through his site organiser Lynne Perlin.

I hope that this infromation clears up any doubts.
Stephan Hall

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jan, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Thanks you for the info         Reply with quote

I hope they get a new host soon .
And best wishes for the new year to all !!
David J. Hewitt

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jan, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi, Dave Hewitt of White Rose here, the sites are all down, our web host/ server has disappeared taking our sites with the, we are building new ones as we speak!
I will post here for those with an interest,
Dave

Dave Hewitt (White Rose Armouries)
David J. Hewitt

PostPosted: Sat 02 Feb, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: white rose armoury         Reply with quote

Good day gentlemen,
Just a brief hi and to let those with an interest that White Rose Armourys site is back up, www.whiterosearmoury.com , the .co.uk site is alas gone forever (bankrupt server!)
Thanks you
Dave Hewitt

Dave Hewitt (White Rose Armouries)

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Whiterose Armory ?!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic