Fiore Fest 2008
Hi All,

Although I originally had planned to join my brothers-in-arms over the President's weekend in Washington, I am stuck in San Deigo due to my wife's health. Ergo, I find myself facing cleaning the garage or touching up walls or some other such nonsense over an otherwise long weekend which was already planned for the sword.

After talking with my fellow Fiorites down here in San Diego we have decided that we would rather spend that weekend with sword in hand. (We have done the same for the last five years during the MLK weekend in January with the Suio RyuŽ. In two weeks at this year's San Diego gasshuku we will be practicing the jo-staff and hand to hand of the tradition for three days.) So, for those who are NOT planning to go to Washington we would like to open up our event for anyone interested in spending one, two, or three days practicing Fiore's dagger and longsword. I will also be dragging out my hi-res copies of the manuscripts for a very close perusal.

If you are interested let me know by either dropping me a line via e-mail brian@scholasanmarco.org or by phone 858-755-6447. This is a free event and space is VERY limited.

Cordiali Saluti,

Brian Stokes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schola San Marco
Renaissance Sword in the Italian Tradition
www.scholasanmarco.org

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Logistics
Hi All,

A number of people have asked logistical questions, such as where is the Schola and where is there lodging. To answer those questions we are located approximately 23 miles north of the San Diego Airport and about 1 mile east of the Del Mar Racetrack. Lodging can be easily found, the least expensive being the Portofino Lodge for $43.00 a night. (Just checked on Orbitz using a "Del Mar, CA" search.) This hotel is located about 6 miles north of the event location. The closest hotel, the Marriott, Del Mar is about 2 miles away and runs around $143 on Marriott's website a night.

There has been a GREAT response to this event. If you have any interest I suggest that you let me know as we only have a few spaces left!

Thanks,

Brian Stokes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schola San Marco
Italian Sword in the Fiore Tradition
www.scholasanmarco.org

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Cutting
All,

During the Fest there will be a cutting workshop so bring your sword. (I do have a very nice Angus Trim for use if you'd rather.) Targets (tatami) will be provided at a small fee.

Thanks,

Brian Stokes

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: