Made in the Augsburg style around 1480.

For the eyes only.

Attachment: 75.65 KB
frank_salade22a.sized.jpg

Attachment: 57.14 KB
frank_salade22b.sized.jpg

Attachment: 53.22 KB
frank_salade22d.sized.jpg

This is a very nice example indeed! Workmanship looks to be of premier quality, and the lines are spot-on. I wonder what the liner looks like...
wow that is a stunning sallet. top notch
Very nice! I want it.
Ed Toton wrote:
Very nice! I want it.

Well if you are serious about that here is his web site: http://www.flarcheveque.com/

François is a member here although he doesn't post often so you could P.M. him any questions.

The helm in the pic is NOT his least costly ! A bit of sticker shock there but he does make some less expensive helms.

The raised from one piece helms are 2 or 3 times as costly as the ones he makes welded from two pieces.

I handled a couple of his helms a while back and they are very well made with the thickness varying on different parts of the helms and not just made from uniform thickness steel plate sheeting. ( At least as far as I can remember: Marc-Antoine should be able to confirm this as he is very familiar with his work ).

François is also very " living history strict " about period authenticity if that is important to you.
Wow, very nice sallet. :)

Quote:
For the eyes only.

I agree, denting it would be a real shame. ;)
As I can remember when I first saw the sallet unfinished at the Saint-Colomban ren fair (north of Montreal) the metal was thicker at some spots ont the helm due to the hot raising process.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: