XII type sword replica
That is my new hand forged XII type sword. My inspiration for guard in atachment.

Blade length: 80,5 cm
Overall length: 98 cm
CoB ~ 11,2 cm from guard
CoP ~ 51 cm from guard
Foward Pivot Point ~ 50 cm f.g.
Aft Pivot Point ~ 20 cm f.g.
Weight: ~ 1120 g
Blade Hardness - 53- 56 HRC

Materials: spring steel for blade, reiforced bar steel for guard, mild steel - pommel,

What do you think about it?

Attachment: 69.71 KB
rekojesc1_f.jpg

Attachment: 30.15 KB
inspiration.jpg

Attachment: 54.72 KB
glowica_f.jpg

Attachment: 64.72 KB
calosc_f.jpg

Attachment: 70.01 KB
rekojesc2_f.jpg

Attachment: 68.09 KB
sztych_f.jpg

Very nice sword!

The fuller is quite long for a XII, though? almost like a XI?
Elling Polden wrote:
Very nice sword!

The fuller is quite long for a XII, though? almost like a XI?

Thank you! Blade is something between XI and XII type ;) Almost like XII :cool:

Attachment: 15.73 KB
Oakeshott.jpg

Very nice sword! I have to say that I like your taste very much and all of your swords are very beautiful to me, especially this one and your XVa.
Wow Jan, your work continue to impress me to the highest degree.

However, I think I prefer the pommel on your "inspiration" sword. Wheel pommels are cool (and yours is very nicely done and fits the sword well), but far too common these days... ;)

When will your website be ready ? :)
Wow! That looks very nice. I too would like to know about your website.
That looks very nice......do you have any more pics of the sword's inspiration ?
Thanks,
Dan
Regarding his website, you can always click the [ Linked Image ] button at the bottom of each of his posts to take you to what he has listed as his website (http://ensifer.carbonmade.com/).
I think that is another very nice looking piece of craftsmanship.
I am curious about the beautiful guard. By "reinforced metal", do you mean something like the type of metal used for reinforcing concrete? Also, is the guard rough forged (upsetting and drift opened for blade) to shape, then hand ground to get the hexagonal cross section look?
I like this sword very much!!! I really like the pommel! Are the black spots on the blade imperfections in the metal? They seem out of place in an otherwise very technically sound reproduction. None of your other reproductions seem to have them......
Jared Smith wrote:
I am curious about the beautiful guard. By "reinforced metal", do you mean something like the type of metal used for reinforcing concrete? Also, is the guard rough forged (upsetting and drift opened for blade) to shape, then hand ground to get the hexagonal cross section look?

Yes, I'm using steel bars for reinforcing conrete. In Poland, this is more durable then mild steel. Guard is rough forged - exacly like you wrote , then finished on belt grinder.

Quote:
I like this sword very much!!! I really like the pommel! Are the black spots on the blade imperfections in the metal? They seem out of place in an otherwise very technically sound reproduction. None of your other reproductions seem to have them......

Black spots are signs remains after forging. When I forge the sword, I'm trying to make piece close to the shape of finished blade. If it is too close, black spots left after grinding. It was lesson for me, that I should begin forging from a bit thicker material. If you look at my other pictures (XVa, messer) you will find small pits on the blades.

Besides, historical swordsmith left small pits on blade too. It was fairly common, as far as I know.

Attachment: 60.01 KB
IMGP4476.jpg

Attachment: 96.99 KB
ehus_183.jpg

Attachment: 67.75 KB
40865_d.jpg

Attachment: 84.77 KB
[ Download ]

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: