Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

What are they planning on making carpet? So far as I know that's about all that's in Dalton. I do have to go right by there on the way to the show, let me know next year and I'll pick you up... :) Come on Patrick you can make it. Fly priceline or something. All the cool people are going...
Russ Ellis wrote:
What are they planning on making carpet? So far as I know that's about all that's in Dalton. I do have to go right by there on the way to the show, let me know next year and I'll pick you up... :) Come on Patrick you can make it. Fly priceline or something. All the cool people are going...

Riding in with you would be great Russ. I'll definetly keep that in mind for next year. The problem for me is that I don't live near a major airport. The expense of a connecting flight from here to a larger city is the thing that shoots my cost up dramatically. When Nathan and I went up the Albion last September his cost was less than half of mine, even though I actually live a lot closer. That's the cost of living in the boonies I guess.

What are they doing in Dalton? Well, I hope they're test subjects in a government program on how to pull peoples heads out of their a!! . :eek:
Well there's one solution to that. Move!!! :) I mean they need new State Ts here in Alabama... I hear you guy, I'm looking to go to Albion in September and I haven't even wanted to think about ticket prices yet.
OK, I'm definitly going to be there. Who's really going and what days will ya' be there. Would surely be great to meet alot of you fine gents. Would there be a possibiltiy of maybe scheduling a day/time/place at the show to have a myArmoury meet & greet?
Just something to gnaw on before the show.

William
aka Bill
I'll be there at least Friday evening and Saturday. Maybe part of Sunday.
Trying to work out a way to attend myself. Figure on being there Friday night if I can make it.
Hmm... it looks like the Euro sword world is well represented, but other than CAS Iberia, can we expect to see much by way of Japanese Style swords or nihonto there? (and for the sake of clarity, I'm not including tactical katana or various other things like that) CAS Iberia katana, custom stuff traditionally mounted, nihonto, etc is really what I'm referring to.

With some luck and coooperation from a friend in Savannah I may get to go - but he's a Japanese sword only kinda guy

thanks,

chris
I don't know about this year but Rick Barrett is typically there and I heard Howard Clark was there last year although I did not see him. I believe that James Williams of Bugei also gave a cutting demonstration last year. I expect that those guys will probably be back.
I attended the last two Blade shows and custom Japanese swords had a strong presence.
BUGEI?
Hey all,
Has anyone heard if Bugei will be there this year? I sent them an email, but haven't heard back yet...

preeeeeesch, :)
Jesse
ATTENDEE BLADES?
To previous ABS attendees,
Are attendees permitted to bring their own blades (knives, swords) into the show with them?

Thank you, :)
Jesse
Re: ATTENDEE BLADES?
Jesse Zinn wrote:
To previous ABS attendees,
Are attendees permitted to bring their own blades (knives, swords) into the show with them?
Thank you, :) Jesse

Hi Jesse

Vince Evans told me that many folks carry blades to & from the show ! ( it's a blade show afterall :-)

I'd say it's probably best to carry them in a discreet a manner as possible, though !

Mac
Re: ATTENDEE BLADES?
Thomas McDonald wrote:

Hi Jesse

Vince Evans told me that many folks carry blades to & from the show ! ( it's a blade show afterall :-)

I'd say it's probably best to carry them in a discreet a manner as possible, though !

Mac

Thanks, Mac! :)
preeeeeeesch!

Also, I just thought folks might like to know - I received the following reply from Mary Lutz, Production Manager for BLADE Show (nice lady - she'll be at the Atlanta show this weekend),

"Yes, as long as you are not trying to sell to other attendees, you may bring in your own items.
Best regards,
Mary"

Figured folks always like to know the official word and all, :)
Jesse
I just checked the Bugei site and they will be putting on a cutting demo at the Blade Show on the 5th and 6th but didn't list times.
Some of you may wish to visit MRL's showroom while you are in the area (they're about 30min. away from the Blade Show in Conyers barring rush hour traffic). If I remember correctly their hours are 8:30 to 6:00 M-F and 9:00 to 4:00 on Sat.
Allen W wrote:
Some of you may wish to visit MRL's showroom while you are in the area (they're about 30min. away from the Blade Show in Conyers barring rush hour traffic). If I remember correctly their hours are 8:30 to 6:00 M-F and 9:00 to 4:00 on Sat.

Beastly drive when I went there two years ago after the show.
Well, I'm leaving for the airport in a matter of minutes. myArmoury.com will be represented by Thomas McDonald, Russ Ellis, and myself. I hope we take a break from all the socializing and decide to get a few pictures and notes for stuff, but if not, you'll at least know we had a good time!

Cheers.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Well, I'm leaving for the airport in a matter of minutes. myArmoury.com will be represented by Thomas McDonald, Russ Ellis, and myself. I hope we take a break from all the socializing and decide to get a few pictures and notes for stuff, but if not, you'll at least know we had a good time! Cheers.

Hi Nathan

Secure the beachhead, and setup the myArmoury mobile headquarters .....

Be joining you guys soon (my flight leaves in the early hours tomorrow ) !

Looking forward to a fun-filled weekend , Mac
I just called Mary Lutz and the Bugei demo by James Williams will be on Saturday at 11:15.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Well, I'm leaving for the airport in a matter of minutes. myArmoury.com will be represented by Thomas McDonald, Russ Ellis, and myself. I hope we take a break from all the socializing and decide to get a few pictures and notes for stuff, but if not, you'll at least know we had a good time!

Cheers.

I'm extremely jelous :(
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: