Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Introducing... The Valkyrja
This is probably one of the most dramatic swords we have produced thus far...

This is definitely a sword of royalty, a symbol of power and authority... Something you would go to your ancestor's barrow to retrieve...

And, it feels like it will cut well, too...

[ Linked Image ]

More photos here:

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/ne...lkyrja.htm

and here:

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/ne...photos.htm

And, we are almost half-way through having this edition sold out...

Next up: The Doge...

Best,

Howy
Between this and the sword of Arn...

Let's just say you guys have been busy. This close to the holidays too no less! Well, time to get one on order since half are already gone.
Re: valkyrja sword
Howard,
What can I say but WOW, that is a really beautiful sword. I am so glad I ordered one at the beginning of this year. It has been well worth the wait. Peter and all your staff at Albion are to be congratulated on such a fine weapon. Your company is the best thing to happen for me in many years.
All the best
Peter.
Great to see all the hard work has payed off...the sword looks great, certainly something special, and worth all the time it took to get it right, great job Peter and Albion!

Kenton
Wow! I'm not particularly into the viking style swords, but all I can say is.... *drool*!!! Really, that's quite beautiful. Maybe I need to start saving my pennies. :)
Very nice Howard! I love how the engraving turned out. Bravo!
That is fantastically gorgeous!!!

I hope to see similar hilt work in other swords and Peter (and Howard), PLEASE make a Chinese Jian!!!
Re: Introducing... The Valkyrja
Howard Waddell wrote:
This is probably one of the most dramatic swords we have produced thus far...

This is definitely a sword of royalty, a symbol of power and authority... Something you would go to your ancestor's barrow to retrieve...

Soo...

Does anybody know any jaw-droppingly-attractive, tall, blonde Scandinavian women who could model with it?

That would be the mother of all ad campaigns in the sword repro industry, I'm tellin' ya! And, if there were any ONE sword gorgeous enough to make such an idea waork, it would be this one!
Despite the updates on the waxes and the concept art, I never imagined that this sword could look this incredible. It simply captivates the eye, it makes you not only want to look at it, but to study it; to immerse yourself in its detail so as to try to fully understand it. Great work Mr. Johnsson and Howie and everyone else at Albion, with this sword you have shattered the line between art and war, and in doing so Valhalla seems just a little closer.
Is that prototype for sale? :D
I actually shouted out with amazement.
It turned out even better then I expected. Viking swords have never been my favourites -Scandinavian pride non withstanding- but this one is Want And Want Badly. Where I a much wealthier man, I would totally order one.

(Also, I can't wait to see what the Knud and Doge ends up looking like.)
Wow... That's amazing.

You guys are just... cruel.

What are you tryin' to do to me, anyway? I can't buy them all! I am but a mortal man!
Well, Sam used the word that came into my mind, "amazing".
As is usual with Albion and Peter's concept art: No matter how nice the drawings the actual swords look even better, and again there is nothing wrong with the drawings. ;) :D

Worth buying for the art alone but I'm still glad it's a sword. :cool:
What a beautiful sword, beautiful ingravings. Indeed a sword for a king or chieftain.
I am looking forward to seeing similar but more simple in design The Knud, with its not so broad blade.

Nicolai.
Sword!
WOW! This is a must have! I'll be in touch with Mike Monday morning! :D :!:
Of course like the rest of us, I love this model and find myself wanting to buy it even though I really don't intend to collect anything of its period! The carving is exquisite, and I suspect Peter has more than equaled the skills of most original "masters" at this point. I wonder how long it will be until he outdoes Sutton Hoo.

I am curious about the historical pommel and the question of if it typifies swords from a period (8th to 11th century?).

I am tempted to call it a brazil nut (or precursor to the type.) The rivet block really blends in on this one, and at first I was puzzled as to how it was secured. I am wondering if the original pommel that inspired it is also a one piece pommel?
Holy C*** !

I think this is the coolest sword Albion produced so far. Truly amazing. A splendor !

I'm in love. :lol:
Valkyrja
Howard,
On your website you say that a Bronze decorated grip may be offered. Do you have any idea when, how much and what it will look like? Will this be offered as an option on the Valkyrja or will it be a new sword? If someone ordered a Valkyrja now could he change over to this new grip if it becomes available? I'm talking before you build and deliver it.
By the way, great looking sword.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Page 1 of 4

Jump to: