Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New Pages Up Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Angus Trim

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 04 Jan, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: New Pages Up         Reply with quote

The "Legacy" line page is up, the Tactical page is up, and the knife page is up............

The "Legacy" stock will be a bit slow coming in, as I probably won't start a bunch of this until the "sale" stuff, and backlog is pretty much cleared.......

There are several tacticals and tac knives at the shop that will be filtering over to CF's place in the next few weeks.........

swords are fun
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jan, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The tactical knives look interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing them on Christian's site: Might be a while before I buy one though as I do have to " budget " carefully as I have a few purchases already in the pipeline.

Are the tactical knives heat treated to slightly harder than the swords ? With the shorter blades one can go a bit harder for better edge holding without brittleness being problem compared to a sword blade. ( Obviously, just mentioning this for context for my question for the benefit of those who might not know ! I know you know all this and so do many here. Wink Laughing Out Loud )

I assume the swords are in the range of 52 - 54 R.C. ( You probably mentioned this before in a previous Topic thread at some point ). This level of hardness is ideal for swords and hard enough for a decent edge for a knife, but 56 - 60 R.C. is better for edge holding and for true razor like sharpness.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Jason Elrod

Reading list: 38 books

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jan, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Much better pictures. Though I would like some straight on shots. Its great to see the whole line up on one site. I'm glad the 1430 is going to be kept in production. What a nice sword. I do have to say that Christian's website loads a little slow for my taste but I've been accused of having a short attention span.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jan, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
I assume the swords are in the range of 52 - 54 R.C. ( You probably mentioned this before in a previous Topic thread at some point ). This level of hardness is ideal for swords and hard enough for a decent edge for a knife, but 56 - 60 R.C. is better for edge holding and for true razor like sharpness.

Well had a look at the site and it says 58 R.C. and I'm answering my own question Wink Laughing Out Loud

A good idea to read stuff carefully before asking questions, RIGHT Blush

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Angus Trim

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:

Well had a look at the site and it says 58 R.C. and I'm answering my own question Wink Laughing Out Loud

A good idea to read stuff carefully before asking questions, RIGHT Blush

Hi Jean

Hardness rating is one of those things that doesn't mean as much as it should. Its very possible for a 50 rc edge to hold up better than a 54rc edge........

My sword blades are tested at 51 to 53 rc, tested on the tang close to the shoulder. The edges have proven to be plenty good enough........ Knives to be 57 to 59rc, the three batches done have tested 58..........

swords are fun

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New Pages Up
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic