Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Shipment Recalled By US Government!! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Larry Lim

Reading list: 16 books

PostPosted: Wed 05 Dec, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Shipment Recalled By US Government!!         Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I had a recent shipment of 2 swords shipped via DHL with tracking no.; However, upon reaching my country, the tracking strangely reflects "Return to shipper" and did not deliver to me!!

After firing a couple of desperate 'chasing round the goose' questions to both DHL & the shipper - AccessUSA - I was informed by the latter that the shipment has been recalled by the US Government for inspection!! Eek! And they are unable to provide any further info.

Has anyone encountered/heard of this before? Any idea how long this might take, and/or what's the likely outcome?? I hate to be in the dark Sad

Thanks.
Larry
M. Eversberg II

Reading list: 3 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 05 Dec, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Where do you live? I've shipped stuff all over the world, as far as NZ; never had this happen before.

M.

This space for rent or lease.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kenton Spaulding

Reading list: 12 books

PostPosted: Wed 05 Dec, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Larry, very sorry to hear that you are having troubles. Is this including the Gaddhjalt which I sold you? I hope for the best and quickest resolution to this.

Kenton
Larry Lim

PostPosted: Wed 05 Dec, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Shipment Trouble         Reply with quote

M. Eversberg II wrote:
Where do you live? I've shipped stuff all over the world, as far as NZ; never had this happen before.

M.

M., I live in Singapore, and this is not the 1st time I'm buying swords from States or anywhere else, too; I'm always weary that our strict local Customs may stopped one of my imprts these days BUT I've never thought that to come from the States Government... At this point, I'm really not sure what's the outcome going to be, how long this may take, will it be approved., etc. I'm so looking forward to having these as a Christmas present for myself, but seems like it may not make it in time... if it does make it at all Sad
Larry Lim

PostPosted: Wed 05 Dec, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Shipment Trouble         Reply with quote

Kenton Spaulding wrote:
Hey Larry, very sorry to hear that you are having troubles. Is this including the Gaddhjalt which I sold you? I hope for the best and quickest resolution to this.

Kenton

Nope.. it's not the Gaddhajlt from you. On that note, I believe I'd written to your email as well as PM you about its arrival sometime back. Thanks for checking ~

Larry
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed 05 Dec, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Shipment Trouble         Reply with quote

Larry Lim wrote:
M. Eversberg II wrote:

M.

M., I live in Singapore, and this is not the 1st time I'm buying swords from States or anywhere else, too; I'm always weary that our strict local Customs may stopped one of my imprts these days BUT I've never thought that to come from the States Government... At this point, I'm really not sure what's the outcome going to be, how long this may take, will it be approved., etc. I'm so looking forward to having these as a Christmas present for myself, but seems like it may not make it in time... if it does make it at all Sad

Now one question might be is it your specific parcel that has been called back ? Which sounds odd once it's out of U.S. territory or it might be that a whole " container " holding tons of products might have been stopped for some security or smuggling reason and your bad luck that your package was in said container ? I'm just guessing here.

The shipping company should at least be able to tell you where the package is now and maybe something about the why of it ?

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Larry Lim

PostPosted: Thu 06 Dec, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Shipment Trouble         Reply with quote

I have absolutely no idea what's going on out there, to be honest. If I had not taken the initiative to query, I'd still be in the dark (not that there's much light now, anyway).. AccessUSA still did not provide any clear explanation other than saying my shipment had been recalled by the US Government & that this was beyond their control & capacity to gauge any outcome.

Guess I really have to be optimistic & learn to be patient, while keeping my fingers crossed that I'd get my swords intact, and not rusty..

Thank you all for the reading this thread..

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Shipment Recalled By US Government!!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic