XVa type sword replica
I have just finished new XVa type sword ispired by Peter Johnsson works. I took pictures before sharpening. As usual- 100% pure hand forging (it means, hammer and anvil, not power hammer)

Blade length: 94 cm
Overall length: 122.5 cm
Weight: ~ 1500 g
Blade Hardness - 53- 56 HRC

What do you think about it? What should I correct?

Best Regards

Attachment: 141.9 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 143.94 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 143.66 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 140.36 KB
[ Download ]

Last edited by Jan Chodkiewicz on Tue 04 Dec, 2007 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oh Wow! That is nice. Now, I gotta start saving again.
I really love that pommel style. It just begs to be used for bashing things.
The only correction I can think of is it's location. It should not be on that barrel but on my wall.

I like the incised lines on the guard, very subtle yet effective. The differences in form between the guard and the pommel work very well to compliment each other. Overall a very impressive sword.
From photos it looks very nice.

Does it already have an owner?
Very impressive work, Jan. Everything looks very clean and precisely fitted from the pictures. What is the steel?
Hi,

Thank you very much ;))

Blade is 50 HS steel - it is chrome - silicon sping steel. Guard is forged from stell fiber used to reinforce concrete - it's more durable then mild steel. Pommel - mild steel.

Best Regards
Re: XVa type sword replica
Jan Chodkiewicz wrote:
I have just finished new XVa type sword. I took pictures before sharpening. As usual- 100% pure hand forging (it means, hammer and anvil, not power hammer)

Blade length: 94 cm
Overall length: 122.5 cm
Weight: ~ 1500 g
Blade Hardness - 53- 56 HRC

What do you think about it? What should I correct?

Best Regards

I think that's the first re-creation I have ever seen that used a Style 2 cross with a pronounced ridge on the ecusson. Your sense of aesthetics in lines, proportions, and details appears to be absolutely top-notch!

Absolutely exquisite!
From now on I add you to my personal list of "top makers".

What a sword. :eek: I think it's truly astonishing.

I'm curious to know how much time it took you to make the sword, considering it's all made in the good old way.
So elegant! I would be very interested to see how it handles.
Beautiful work; the blade and pommel remind me of the Albion Talhoffer aesthetically. Do you have a website?
Addison C. de Lisle wrote:
Beautiful work; the blade and pommel remind me of the Albion Talhoffer aesthetically. Do you have a website?

His posts all have a button along the bottom that says "Visit Web" (as do yours). Clicking there will take you to what the user has entered as their website.
How much do you charge for standard & Talhoffer feders nd do you have any in stock?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: