Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > "Pandering to the folks who love lively swords" Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Angus Trim

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sat 22 Dec, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jared Smith wrote:
These look great. Especially so for the price. I am still eager to hear of your plans regarding peening.

The lighting and photo quality don't seem to do the double fullered model justice. The tripplel fullered one came out much better looking, at least in web site appearance.

Hi Jared

On the peening, I need to make the decision to do it, while still machining. Discussing this with CF a few weeks ago, it was his suggestion that the very first ones should be the threaded assembly, as he wanted the option to take them down for potential shipment to Europe. He prefers shipping to Europe disassembled......

Then the decision needs to be made about how "finished" to do the peening. Two extremes, Del Tin as of a few years ago, and the current Albions. If I follow a middle path, it'll likely add $50 or so to the price.........

Photo quality..... its winter in the Northwest, yep, even in Idaho. CF shoots the swords outside, and he's had rain, or overcast conditions since the swords got there. I think he felt internal pressure to get the first four up......... He's a devoted family man, so I am not going to bother him until Wednesday, Dec 26.......

But, photo quality will improve as the weather improves, and more swords show up. The three fullered piece probably does look better, he's rather fond of that...... He doesn't normally say much about handling, but when he told me earlier in the week that "I think you're on to something here, Dawg".... and he was referring to the handling, I think I'm pretty close to being where I want to be on these.........

swords are fun
R D Moore

PostPosted: Sat 22 Dec, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I like the three fullered piece, too. And I assume shipping costs and/or regulations favor disassembled swords, but I'd prefer a peened pommel, as well, even if I had to pay an additional $50.00 for it. I totally agree with Christian when he said you're on to something here...roll with this! I need to recover from Christmas spending for the next couple of months, but I'm very interested in this type XIII inspired triple fullered sword , with a peened tang (teaser extended).
Justin King
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Sun 23 Dec, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I knew those multi-fullered blades would be a big hit, Gus. I think the market is screaming for some of the more complex blade types that are out there (or maybe it's just me). Any plans to do a multi-fullered blade with a thickened ricasso? Fullers in the ricasso? I'm picturing E.B. Erickson hilts on such a blade and it makes me a little giddy...
Angus Trim

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 23 Dec, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Justin King wrote:
I knew those multi-fullered blades would be a big hit, Gus. I think the market is screaming for some of the more complex blade types that are out there (or maybe it's just me). Any plans to do a multi-fullered blade with a thickened ricasso? Fullers in the ricasso? I'm picturing E.B. Erickson hilts on such a blade and it makes me a little giddy...

What I'm doing right now, is what I talked about doing a year ago. Disasters prevented my finishing this stuff up last year, or really getting it off the ground even a little bit........

This year, there's a lot of things I'd love to do. But I need to temper that by first getting the backlog finished up, and the "sale" swords on the way...........

This year? The 13th century stuff I talked about a year ago, and laid the ground work out back then, a falchion that I agreed to do, and maybe beyond that a more "period" saber blade........Other than that, see what happens in a year or three......

swords are fun

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > "Pandering to the folks who love lively swords"
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: