Looking for information on Inara's bow in Serenity
I recently watched the feature film version of Serenity (not the Firefly pilot episode, that is), and I recall the character Inara using an interesting bow-like appliance in the final stand against the Reavers--but I've been totally unable to find more information about it. Does anybody know where I can find more about the concept and the mechanism of this weapon?
Do you mean that automatic crossbow thing? If so, I'd say that it's governed by the same subset of physics that applies to phasers, lightsabers and Squall's gunblade. I doubt anyone put enough thought into the design to produce something that might ever actually work. They just wanted a cool looking movie prop. My apologies to Joss Whedon if I'm mistaken.
If I remember correctly, according to the bonus stuff, Inara originally had a different weapon (I think it was just a fancy bow), but it didn't look good on camera, so they CGd in another weapon to make her look 'cool.' The thingy she carries in the film was never built in RL.

Now I need to see the movie again to make sure. Such is my bitter fate. :lol:

Zak
SCI-FI crossbow kinda like the Wookie bowcaster from starwars.
Ah. Too bad. I thought it might have been something like the Dynabo ( http://sagittarius.student.utwente.nl/artikel/compound/comp3.html ) ...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: