Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > SwordSmith Interview Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Josh Axe

PostPosted: Sun 04 Nov, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: SwordSmith Interview         Reply with quote

Hello my name is Josh Axe and i looking for as much information that
can be provided on the sword. I am working on an i-search paper for a college
class and swords is my topic. I'm looking for someone to do an interview
with, via e-mail on the subject of swords. A Swordsmith or expert of any kind
would be appreciated if i could make contact with them.
Contact me@ [mod. note - email removed for security; please use email link below post].

Thank You
Gabriel Lebec
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 32 books

PostPosted: Sun 04 Nov, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello Josh, and welcome to myArmoury!

I took the liberty of removing your personal email address from your post. I note that you have entered your email in your profile, so users can simply click the "send email" button below your post to start an email conversation. This is preferable, because otherwise spam bots can collect publicly listed emails from the internet. I assume you don't want junk mail Happy - otherwise you can easily replace the email address by clicking the "E" icon in the upper-right corner of your post to edit it.

I had never heard of an "I-Search" paper before; I assume you mean the paper format described at this link. I see from that link that the assignment entails reports on "3 magazine articles, 3 books, and... 3 interviews," with contacting "authorities" a requirement. It's good to know that this is a requirement because otherwise I would be tempted to suggest you do traditional independent research, without using our discussion forums to request personal interviews.

Perhaps one of our industry professionals will be willing to spare some time for an interview; that's up to them. I personally doubt that even some of our most knowledgeable experts will self-proclaim as such, though. Wink In the meantime, if you are still looking for books and articles, we have a number of Features and a dedicated Books section, including a selection of recommended titles in The Paper Armoury: Our Top Shelf.

Good luck with your paper, and I hope that the resources available at myArmoury encourage you to stick around and continue your studies on historic arms and armour.

-Gabriel L.

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science." - Albert Einstein
________

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > SwordSmith Interview
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic