Go to page 1, 2  Next

RIP Hank Reinhardt
[ Linked Image ]

Hank passed away yesterday morning. An icon to many.

Esperance en Dieu

Glen
Say it ain't so. My heart jumped up in my throat when I read the subject line. Hank was such a nice guy; very approachable and always went out of his way to share his tremendous store of knowledge.
Oh no!

I'm actually crying :( :( :(

He will be SORELY missed :(
Prayers & condolences for Mr. Rienhardt's family and freinds.

A sad day in the sword community for sure.

Raise a blade in salute..........

Bill
My prayers are with Hank's family and friends during this sad hour.
A sad, sad day!

Have a brilliant time in the next round on the wheel, Mr Reinhardt!
My condolences to his family, Hank was a great guy.
Here I was, only 24 hours ago typing into my newsletter for everyone to wish him a speedy recovery from the Staph infection. And now this...

I only had a few correspondences with Hank from early this year until around May or June.. But he left a lasting impression of a genuine, honest, down to earth - and very humerous man - the kind of man they don't seem to make many of these days...

A sword raised in Salute to the last of the old guard...

R.I.P. Mr. Reinhardt...
Will be raising a pint later tonight.

Rest in peace.
Hank Reinhart....

I didn't know him well, but I have met him, and always honored him for his work bringing good swords to the people.

And I'm damned sorry to see him go.

I'm glad I got to thank him for his work in helping to bring back the sword before he died.
Quote:
Will be raising a pint later tonight.

As will I .
At 9pm if anyone else wants to join me.
RIP Hank. Hope we can carry on his legacy.
As this is the only place I know to express it, my sincerest condoloences to his family. Though I never got the chance to meet him, his work did influence me and helped to re-ignite a passion for historic arms.

Glasses will be raised in his memory.

Zak
As will I. It was an enjoyment to work with him closely over the past year and a half.

It was more than just he a consultant, he was a friend. I enjoyed hearing him talk about history and he loved life.

I could have sit and listen to him talk all day about his life, what he has done.

He reminded me of my Grandfather, I would sit and listen to him talk all day.

Gosh, he will be missed. sorely missed.

Pray for his wife and his daughter and grandchildren left behind.
I always wanted to meet him. maybe we all will someday.
A very sad day. My condoloences and prayers to his family.
May he train heaven's armies.
Hank will be missed. Our community has lost a man of great knowledge and experience. It was guys like Hank that helped all of us enjoy this passion for swords. As he crosses the bridge of swords tonight, I will indeed raise a pint at 9pm, and raise a blade as well.
As it will all be our time someday, I can only hope to live as full a life as he has when I meet my end. My hats off to you Mr. Rienhardt. You can be sure at 9pm I'll be raising my glass as well. Three cheers for a life well lived!!!!
I was very surprised to see this post. It's amazing how quickly someone can be gone before your eyes. I can still remember reading his column in the front of the Museum Replicas catalogues back when I was in high school.

My condolences to his family and friends.
:(
Really sad to read this news,
Condolences to Hanks family,
I cannot believe it either.... man that hits hard. I will miss our conversations and the level of wisdom he shared with everyone and his attitude to put his money where his mouth was. He was always willing to listen to varied opinions and share his own. A good man.

My thoughts are with him and his family. He will be missed.

RPM
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: