Christian Fletcher's Gothic Writhen Munich
I just saw this on Christian Fletcher's site:

http://www.christianfletcher.com/Christian_Fl...ich.html#0

I particularly like the matching by-knife. Very nice work, Christian!
Oh man, you had to show us that. I'm drooling.

Very nicely done. He's taken what is already a gorgeous sword, and made it into a true work of art. Now I know what I need to be saving up for.
I'm not too thrilled about the pommel. Looks like it may have some sharp points on it and I can see myself getting cut.
A more rounded pommel of the same flavor would be more in my taste. But that's just my taste. :D :D
My computer loads the page, but no pictures.
Gary A. Chelette wrote:
I'm not too thrilled about the pommel. Looks like it may have some sharp points on it and I can see myself getting cut.
A more rounded pommel of the same flavor would be more in my taste. But that's just my taste. :D :D

I can see what you mean. Without handling the sword, I can't say for certain, but it is quite possible that the pommel does not have sharp points. The A&A Bohemian broadsword, for example, has a similar styled pommel, but the corners of the individual bars are rounded enough that it is comfortable to hold. I suspect this one would be as well, but again, I can't tell from the photos alone.
I likewise feel the same about the pommel (think the comfort and natural leverage of the sword might not be as good as "stock"), but think the twisted cross guard is extremely nice. Overall, Christian deserves compliments!
Great looking...not so sure I'd know how to use the pommel the right way (so as to avoid hand pain).
Re: Christian Fletcher's Gothic Writhen Munich
Bill Grandy wrote:
I just saw this on Christian Fletcher's site:

http://www.christianfletcher.com/Christian_Fl...ich.html#0

I particularly like the matching by-knife. Very nice work, Christian!

Oh yeah. I've been drooling over this one for a while now. Absolutely exquisite!

Regarding the pommel-- guys, having handled this sword myself, this grip gives you more than enough leverage WITHOUT having to grip the pommel. In fact, I didn't even find the stock pommel all that grip-able, as it was pretty thick, compared to other wheel styles. This is a sword that grants agility, precision, and absolute control. Even with my meaty mitts, that 10" grip gave me two inches of extra room.
Absolutely beautiful overall package. The effect of the gothic grip and the writhen fittings when matched to a Munich blade is simply breathtaking. I first saw that sword about the time my own Munich was nearing completion and, as much as I love the look of Albion's stock gothic grip, found myself regretting not utilizing more of Christian's considerable talent. I guess I'll just have to get another Albion! Oh, the crosses I must bear! ;)

The knife is a nice touch. I may add that to my Knecht package.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: