CAS Hanwei - Now offering GDFB items!
Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd announce we're going to be carrying a good chunk of GDFB's product line. We expect our first shipment no later than January. Of the 222 items we're starting out with I have 138 online now... trying to get everything categorized, copy, etc. going. I'll be adding the rest as I can get images, etc. This has been in the works for quite a while and we're excited to be able to offer these items. In addition to the new lines of european swords we're putting together through Hanwei (Tinker, and some... others ;) I think this rounds out our line nicely. If you are familiar with GDFB's product line and notice anything missing just let us know... it's still possible we could add it to the line and have it on the first shipment.

You can see the entire line here.

You can see the announcement here.

Blake
Nice, any idea what retailers are going to be offering these, or can these be ordered through you by consumers.
Mike Arledge wrote:
Nice, any idea what retailers are going to be offering these, or can these be ordered through you by consumers.

Mike,

I don't know, the email announcement was sent out to retailers only moments ago. I'm sure if you call and ask them they'd be happy to ;)

Blake
B. Pogue wrote:
Mike Arledge wrote:

Mike,

I don't know, the email announcement was sent out to retailers only moments ago. I'm sure if you call and ask them they'd be happy to ;)

Blake

I just got the email announcement, let me finish up with my day job and take a look at it. If you see something in the mean time let me know and I will check on it.

Lee
Mike Arledge wrote:

Any retailer that handles CAS Hanwei should be able to get the other stuff.

I know of one store in the SF Bay Area that will need to find a bigger shop. :)
I know that Hal Siegel at Therion Arms will be carrying selected items:

http://therionarms.com/reenact/index.shtml

I'm pleased to see this because I like their bucklers (few places carry them as small as I want them to be) and they're cheap enough for my students to be able to afford easily.
Nice stuff. Not a bad price on the bucklers, too; may have to interest some people. Waiting on the specs for the gambeson and I should be fine.

M.
I am a CAS dealer too, but I had to sign a "No online sales agreement"
I got in a couple of the pieaces in last week. I should let you know that the breastplate is not the same as the online photo Cas displays. It does not have the leather covering shown.

Bob....
Kult of Athena is carrying a few GDFB bucklers on their website :cool:
i can't get a clear answer on what sizes fit what. like who can fit into a large or x-large

any help?
Chuck Russell wrote:
i can't get a clear answer on what sizes fit what. like who can fit into a large or x-large

any help?

I have a 38-40" chest weigh about 170lbs and am about 6'1" having tried on an XL gambeson a few weeks ago ... the XL is slightly tight in the shoulders, loads of space in the chest but would have been ok. An XXL probably way too big but pretty guaranteed that L would have been way too tight in the shoulders.
Not sure if these carry though to other gambesons
Really? An XL was snug with a chest size no bigger than 40"? I have a 40" chest (tape measure), but wear a 42 or 44. The only thing I ever buy in XL is T-shirts, since I want them to fit loosely, so this seems like an odd sizing convention.

I sent CAS an email through their contact form on the website asking for some specifics about sizing and haven't heard back.

I'd like to see on the website some basic dimensions for the various sizes, particularly circumferences for the helms, and that sort of thing.
The XL was tight the shoulders but only a little bit however I would have thought L might have been way too tight in the shoulders for easy wielding of a sword. Chest was no problem at all ... there was a fair amount of material left over. It might just be the way I'm built though.
the gambeson was well made and pretty durable I thought.
Ed Toton wrote:
Really? An XL was snug with a chest size no bigger than 40"? I have a 40" chest (tape measure), but wear a 42 or 44. The only thing I ever buy in XL is T-shirts, since I want them to fit loosely, so this seems like an odd sizing convention.

I sent CAS an email through their contact form on the website asking for some specifics about sizing and haven't heard back.

I'd like to see on the website some basic dimensions for the various sizes, particularly circumferences for the helms, and that sort of thing.

Hello Ed,

We are working on getting sizing information for the entire line; most of the maille pieces are completed and we have just begun on the garments and armour. It should not be very long since it must be all completed for the next Summer catalog.

I cannot speak for the Gambeson, but I have one of the Arming Jackets in a L here with me. I'm 5'8" 165lb with a ~40" chest and it fits with a little room to spare (but not much).

Sorry to hear your query through the website was not answered, I will post here sizing specifics on the Gambesons when I have them.

Blake
Excellent, that's good to hear. I see several items that are quite tempting at this stage. :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: