Go to page Previous  1, 2

I think you nailed it pretty well. If I were you I would probably sandpaper the blade to match the socket, though.
Sean Flynt wrote:
Here are some photos of the finished project in case anybody is interested..

Of course we are interested. :p :lol: Your projects always end up making some very modern looking stuff look like you
" STOLE " them from a museum: Still can't figure out where you put it to take it out the door.

Used plain old yellow mustard on my MRL medieval chopper and it does a great job giving an aged and textured look just by daubing it on and leaving on for a few hours. It doesn't really look like red rust and more like a dark grey patina, a little scotchbrite brings out the edges of bevels and cleans any excessive " crud " and lighten the finish. A little oiling or turtle wax seals the finish to a light grey with lots of activity but no deep pits: The finish looks a lot like and old pair of 19th century scissors that been in use for a few generation that I still use to trim my beard.

I like a weathered but not corroded finish of a piece that has seen much use but never neglected.
Yeah, I'm torn between rusting/restoring the socket to better match the blade or grinding the pits out of the blade to match the socket. :confused:

As for museum theft----just put the dismounted spearhead down your pants. Who's going to stop you to inquire? :lol:
i know that maybe u finished this project but it looked absolutely good the way it was but on second thought maybe aging the socket would have more effect...
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: