Photos from Gene Fornby, Sweden
We had a little photosession and here is some of the pictures. All the weapons and armour are made by our group exept my leather jerkin that is made by Adrian Wink, Felixstowe, England.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
I add my Vendeltime impression!

[ Linked Image ]
I must say that those pictures are really decent.Someone certainly has talent and some skills. :)
I think you all have artistic ambitions.

try to make a short movie.

maybe it will work, you look very intense.
Bruno Giordan wrote:
I think you all have artistic ambitions.

try to make a short movie.

maybe it will work, you look very intense.

I agree. I am impressed with your talent. Excelent composition and lighting, I'd like to see more of your work.
Michal Plezia wrote:
I must say that those pictures are really decent.Someone certainly has talent and some skills. :)

Great lighting: They almost look like paintings by old masters.
A little photoshop " faking " adding a subtle canvas texture and simulating brushstrokes would make the pics look 100% like they were paintings. :cool:
They were all shoot with natural light. Candles and torches only. 6-8 seconds of exposure. Thats how the "Ghost" picture was taken. We was stationary for 4 seconds and then dived out of frame.

We have been writing on some scripts for some scenarios. Both to use as a happening for live audience and for a short film.

Btw, we are working on a big happening at Gene in the summer. There will market, fighting and feasting, you are all welcome. Martin has all details.
I would add that I didn't mean that photoshop was used but that some photoshop special effects could be used to make the pics look even more like paintings. At the moment they look like very very photorealistic style paintings.
In any case great pics. :D .
Thanx alot all!

The artist here would be Agne Säterberg who is the photografer. He and his wife is also the owners of the company that make all things run at the Ironage village of Gene (where we as a groupe are based, and the photos are taken) Here is a link ti their site. LINK. Agne himself is the man in blue!

I will tell him about your kind words.
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Michal Plezia wrote:

A little photoshop " faking " adding a subtle canvas texture and simulating brushstrokes would make the pics look 100% like they were paintings. :cool:

Please noooo !

All mus be left to individual acting capabilities as well as to the ability of the photographer to recreate an evocative natural setting, as they have done so far.

Good group, again Martin you really make an impression.
Bruno Giordan wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Michal Plezia wrote:

Please noooo !

All mus be left to individual acting capabilities as well as to the ability of the photographer to recreate an evocative natural setting, as they have done so far.

Good group, again Martin you really make an impression.

The nice thing about doing some Photoshop modifications is that it is non-destructive of the original art, it just gives you something different: You can still enjoy and prefer the original.

My suggestion to do some Photoshop has nothing to do with any " improvements " to these great as they are photographs. ;) :D It's just another form of creativity using a " natural " photograph as a source using different tools: There is the art of Photography but there is also " art " in the use of Photoshop.

Oh, and my first thought wasn't that these pics needed some sort of " faking " or improvements: It was just that with just the hint of brush strokes or underlying canvas one would be convinced that one was looking at an old master.

( I'm not " offended " by the way ;) Just clarifying my intent. :cool: )
Jean Thibodeau wrote:

The nice thing about doing some Photoshop modifications is that it is non-destructive of the original art, it just gives you something different: You can still enjoy and prefer the original.

My suggestion to do some Photoshop has nothing to do with any " improvements " to these great as they are photographs. ;) :D It's just another form of creativity using a " natural " photograph as a source using different tools: There is the art of Photography but there is also " art " in the use of Photoshop.

Oh, and my first thought wasn't that these pics needed some sort of " faking " or improvements: It was just that with just the hint of brush strokes or underlying canvas one would be convinced that one was looking at an old master.

( I'm not " offended " by the way ;) Just clarifying my intent. :cool: )

On demand ;)
Martin Wallgren wrote:

On demand ;)

Sort of very Rembrandt like. ;) :cool:
I had thought of a different way of "touching up", you mean, the one that can be seen in online tutorials etc ... happy to be confirmed again that this is not an average forum !
Wonderful armor, and great photography. And that looks like one heck of a party!
That retouched picture is bloody great. Too bad it's too small to be a desktop wallpaper--at least for my screen.
Lafayette C Curtis wrote:
That retouched picture is bloody great. Too bad it's too small to be a desktop wallpaper--at least for my screen.

Send me your e-mail adress in a PM and I send it in a bigger version to you. Just tell me what scale you what it in!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: