Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > retractable dagger? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 
Mick Jarvis

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

William P wrote:
being the late 15th C we have access to one very particular and very ingeneous italian. i.e leonardo da vinci. who repairs a broken hidden blade. and makes an adjustment so that it doesnt HAVE TO remove your finger he also gives you a second blade. which means you can do double the assasinations. .

in the Story Leonardo doesnt make the adjustments to the blade, the blade you get repaired and use was Ezios fathers blade that was broken. when you get the codex pages it states that Altiar refinded the blade so that future assassins did not have to remove a finger to use it and that would make them harder to spot.

Leonardo just desiphers the codex and then repaired a blade that is already made for use with all fingers. all the items you get in AC2 and brotherhood that are 'assassins; weapons Altiar had created and Leo just follows the instructions to make them.

if you are wondering where altiar all of a sudden got the engineering ways to make these things, the story also tells us that he uses the Apple (piece of Eden) and it shows him or enlightens him on how to do it.
Mikko Kuusirati

Reading list: 13 books

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You know, it really takes no special engineering genius to make one that doesn't require the sacrifice of a finger. Just rig it to trigger when you bend your hand back, as if to make an open palm strike. Duh.

Seriously, not having played the games myself I can't figure out any sane reason why they used the finger-removing version in the first place.

"And sin, young man, is when you treat people like things. Including yourself. That's what sin is."
— Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum
Mick Jarvis

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

because it was cool!

in order to use this 'badass' weapon he had to lose a finger.

and also it added a little to the story
Mikko Kuusirati

Reading list: 13 books

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mick Jarvis wrote:
because it was cool!

Well, yeah, OK, I guess that's legit. Happy

Quote:

But he didn't have to! A tiny little modification to how he puts the damn thing on and he could have kept all his fingers! He just chose to lop one off, for some reason. I dunno, maybe it's traditional for the assassins or something. In any case, it makes as much sense as Ninja running around in color-coded pajamas.

"And sin, young man, is when you treat people like things. Including yourself. That's what sin is."
— Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum
Mick Jarvis

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mikko Kuusirati wrote:
Mick Jarvis wrote:
because it was cool!

Well, yeah, OK, I guess that's legit. Happy

Quote:

But he didn't have to! A tiny little modification to how he puts the damn thing on and he could have kept all his fingers! He just chose to lop one off, for some reason. I dunno, maybe it's traditional for the assassins or something. In any case, it makes as much sense as Ninja running around in color-coded pajamas.

haha maybe he lost it in some drunken farm animal scandel and in order to save face came up with the "i needed to cut my finger off to use my fancy knife" excuse

... and yes i have played all the games and know all the reasons for it ingame... just haveing a joke

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > retractable dagger?
Page 4 of 4 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: