Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Disgustingly Dissapointed. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 
Lloyd Clark

PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Angus,

Let me know if the sale applies to the 1562 or 1563...

Cheers,

Lloyd Clark
2000 World Jousting Champion
2004 World Jousting Bronze Medalist
Swordmaster
Super Proud Husband and Father!
Angus Trim

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lloyd Clark wrote:
Angus,

I'm thinkin' maybe four models altogether........

Howabout the 1566? It was new this summer, never got a web photo for it......though I think I have one on the computer somewhere......

Take the 1562, shorten the blade one inch, lengthen the handle one inch..........

Make it friendlier for both Fiore and the German styles. Longer handle {handle is now 9 inches, with pommel nearly 11}, the blade is still over 36..... and its more rigid so it does the winding better........

swords are fun
George Hill

PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Angus Trim wrote:
Lloyd Clark wrote:
Angus,

I'm thinkin' maybe four models altogether........

Arming swords and longswords should be in it. I might be able to afford one of each. Would four models of short and four models of long be too big a progect?

On the subject of changing a sword design, I'm worried the 1506 migght be too long for me, being a 5'8" Liechtenauer student. I love the sword, it's lines and balance.... but a slightly shorter blade might be good. I'm not sure, I'll need to ask other Liechtenauer stylists what they think.

Anyone? (eh, maybe a new topic.)

To abandon your shield is the basest of crimes. - --Tacitus on Germania
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A few points I'd like to make as a Moderator here:

1) Stop flogging John. He posted a true story. Also, Gus's reputation can hold up to a single account of an innocent mistake, so we don't need every single customer jumping to his defense. Some may feel this will hurt his business. It might, but potentially so will any truthful report of an actual happening. Astute readers should know that this is one bad incident out of many good ones and we always recommend people be informed buyers (ie read the good and bad and make an informed adult decision).

2) Gus: detailed discussions about proposed sales and marketing efforts should be handled by you in the forum we set up for that purpose. Going into it here is out of bounds.

3) Everyone else. Don't drag the thread off-track by asking off-topic questions about things like pricing of models not being discussed in this thread.

John, please report back when the situation is resolved so everyone can know if it was resolved to your satisfaction or not.

Thank you.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

George Hill wrote:
Anyone? (eh, maybe a new topic.)

Ding ding ding. Happy Yes, please start a new one.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Thomas Watt

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As a much younger man, I always strove to do everything to perfection, believing that success would be found in that route.
Having grown older, I realized that one of life's great lessons was not so much found in achieving perfection, but in exhibiting grace during those circumstances when things were going much less than perfect.
But then that was the same young man who, upon entrance in the Army, sniffed that earning a Good Conduct Medal only required you to stay out of trouble for 3 years of service.
It's difficult to maintain grace under pressure.
I'd have to commend folks for doing that under a trying event.

Have 11 swords, 2 dirks, half a dozen tomahawks and 2 Jeeps - seem to be a magnet for more of all.
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Sat 13 Oct, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A couple of things here, John's complaint is certainly valid and I do not think he should be criticized like he has been, it's as though there were an emotional interest in defending Angus Trim as opposed to being objective and realizing John had every right to be upset.
Another equally important point here is the "Class" with which Gus Trim responded to the situation and admitted that it was his mistake and for people to stop "flogging" John about it! Gus was exactly correct in this statement, although so far I have never ordered a sword from Gus, he has complimented me personally a couple of times over the two years I have been a member of myArmoury. Add this to the fact of how Gus responded to this situation, I would not hesitate for one second about ordering a sword from Angus Trim, not even a fraction of a second!

A few months ago, I had a minor setback with my Sparth Axe because the guy who does some of the wood aspects of polearms for Arms & Armor did not read the order sheet with proper attention and instead of sending a custom ordered 67 inch haft, he sent the standard 53 inch haft.
I was not real happy about this one, since to me it just reflects someone not paying close enough attention, on the other hand I was also making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Here's a short analogy. I install vinyl tile, ceramic tile and "sheet vinyl". If I make a mistake on the cutting of a tile, big deal, I just start over on a new tile. But if it's "Sheet Vinyl" and it's 30 square yards at $35.00 a yard and I make a mistake in cutting, it could result in a $1,050.00 mistake, plus all the money and time lost in labor and additionally to that, I would wind up losing a day's profit at another customer's house. An installer makes a mistake on sheet vinyl, whether it's the cutting of, or something to do with the underlayment, glue not being trowelled smoothly enough, your talking at least a loss of $1,500.00 Exclamation Also, it could be even worse if the situation warrants that the underlayment must also be replaced, now we're adding the cost of the underlayment (and I only use the best "Multiply") and the time and labor lost for that too!
So that miss cut or whatever the mistake was could turn out to be a $3,000.00 nightmare!
This is why most installers won't do sheet vinyl. However, in the 13 years that I have been installing flooring I have never had a sheet vinyl job result in any such nightmare.
How do I avoid it? I don't measure 2 times, I measure 3, 4 and sometimes 5 times, I take fail safe precautions at every step of the installation! If I have to slow down at some point to avoid the risk of a mistake, then your darn right I slow down!
I cannot possibly afford any such mistake! Nowadays, I work with another installer instead of on my own jobs because of the arthritis in my back and I have to get out of this kind of work pretty soon.
But the point I am making is this: Haste makes Waste, time is money and trying to do things too fast risks losing hours of time and lot's of money vs. losing a few minutes, half hour or an hour.
Read the order sheet! Double and Triple check things! Take the "Time" it "Takes" to avoid the costly "Mistakes"!
Believe me, there is no mercy if Mrs. Jone's brand new sheet vinyl kitchen floor is messed up on the installation! She can't wait to show off her new floor to her friends and I've had ladies get down on their hands and knees looking at the floor when I was done! I am Not exaggerating! In 13 years I have as of yet to replace a floor!
I am not putting myself on a pedestal at all, by the grace of God I've never had a job go bad, I've sweated a few times from stress, but I have as of yet to screw up an installation!

As a customer, "Stress the Particulars" and repeat them to who it is your placing your order with, have them repeat the order back to you. To both the customer and the provider, check, double check, even triple check the particulars, the customer's address (I once had a sword sent to Bloomington ,IL instead of Bloomingdale, IL. I was not very happy but it was made up to me on my next order.

Most mistakes are avoidable if people just slow down and take the time to do and get things right. Sure time is money, but haste makes waste and that loss of a half hour or hour in production is a whole lot better than a day or 3 days lost Exclamation

I Sure HOPE this Helps Everyone! This is my sole objective!

Most Sincerely!

Bob

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Disgustingly Dissapointed.
Page 3 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: