Sending payment to Lutel?
I am interested in ordering from Lutel and I was wondering how other Americans have sent money to get out on the list. When I checked the USPS site it did not mention Czechoslovakia as a country that accepted their international money orders. Any help from others who have ordered would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Scott
I just go to the bank and have them transfer to the Lutel account. Most banks do this kind of stuff fairly often so its no big deal. If you are way out in a rural area, you might have to look a bit to find a full service branch. Using the post office, last time I did it, added about six weeks to what is normally a 24-48 hour process at the bank.
Yep, i just went to the bank, gave them the account details and they took care of it, no worries at all.
Thank you for the replies. Did you tell them in U.S. dollars and the conversion was handled between the banks then? How much is shipping roughly?
Just one thing.Czechoslovakia doesn't exist currently ;) Since 1993 there are two separated countries-Czech republic and Slovakia...
Michal Plezia wrote:
Just one thing.Czechoslovakia doesn't exist currently ;) Since 1993 there are two separated countries-Czech republic and Slovakia...

Point taken Michal. I said this because when I went and looked for the currency rate exchange it said Czech. But this is the information that I am looking for.
Just be cautious about hidden fees. Some banks will charge up to $40 to transfer it to the bank and another $40 when it reaches the destination. On top of that, you may be charged again if the transfer doesn't go through. At times banks will not refund you the money if the transfer fails. Just a word of caution. :eek:
If memory serves, I email Lutel first and they sent me a USD quote.

I've also told the bank, in my case Huntington National Bank, that I needed to deposit a certain amount of Euros when buying from another Czech shop. Once again no problem, they just plugged it into a computer program which did the conversion. Cost for the whole thing was $40 USD either way.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: