Wanted: Anglo/saxon stuff - shield boss/seax/spear
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Guys (and those of you who are not "guys"),
I am putting this out as sort of a feeler to see if anyone out there has some items that I am looking to get in the near future (meaning as soon as funds allow, which should be in the next couple weeks or so). Eventhough I technically can't afford them yet, I have found that it usually takes awhile to find someone who is selling what you want anyhow. So here goes.
In sort of a rough order of how I want to acquire things, I am going to be looking for...
1. Round shield boss (I know where to find them new but used really shouldn't hurt it any). This is the first thing that I am interested in getting (doesn't mean I won't entertain buying the other stuff though).
2. Anglo/Saxon style thrusting spear head. Something with a split socket made from decent steel that could actually be used to stab the hell out of something.
3. Broken back seax with around a 12" or so blade. Might consider a little bigger or smaller. Also needs to be fully functional and might even see some use as a camp knife (if you have something like that its a shame to not use it once in awhile).

Possible - Anyone got any mail links lying around? Maybe a project that you lost interest in and now you are stuck with? I will eventually need enough to make a mid-thigh length shirt for a 5'10" 215lb (give or take) man. I might be your ticket to unloading something you don't want or need anymore.

As I said, this is not an "I have cash and will buy right now!" thread. Rather, it is a "feeler" to see if anyone wants to start working on some deals. Please PM me if you do.
Thanks.

Still looking. If anyone has any of these items I have money now (from a refund on a gun). I'd like to find the shield boss first. I have bought from Viking Shield before and will probably get one from them if I can't find one on here but I figured I'd ask in case someone has one in a closet just wasting shelf space.
Also looking for a seax and a spear or spear head w/ a split socket. Again, I have sources for ordering that I have already contacted about this but I figured I would ask in case I can avoid a wait and get some good gear secondhand.
Also eventually looking to get some mail rings. If you have a significant amount you are looking to rid yourself of I'm interested.

This is now an "I have case and can buy tomorrow" thread!

I am probably no longer interested in a boss unless it is cheap because I have contacted viking sheild about the ones they offer.
But I am still looking for a spear or spear head and a seax.
Please let me know if you got something you'd like to sell

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: