Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jody Samson
Hey Guys~

I just wanted to let you all know that Jody has finished 6 new pieces and they are up on the news section of his site. Here is one of them for you to take a look at. You can take a look at all of them at www.jodysamson.com

Attachment: 57.63 KB
elvenleafsword1.jpg

yessir.... I posted a bit about this over on SFI's fantasy sword forum the other day. Some really nice stuff from Jody. The only thing wrong with any of it is that I don't have the money to buy anything, and probably never will. Otherwise several of the pieces available would already be mine...
The Senatorial Spatha is very nifty.
Hey Mike, as you know, I saw all the pieces to the above leaf blade while in Jody's shop. They weren't assembled yet, but I had already seen the beauty of line and form of that piece. The blackening and polished contrasts on the fittings is extraordinary. I would buy it if I had the cash.
Senatorial Spatha
I'm liking the spatha, too. Could somebody translate the runes [if they mean anything real at all] or would that be giving up something from the film production company?

Jon
I'm with Nathan on this one. That's a beautiful sword, one of my favorites from Jody thus far.

If I weren't already stretched pretty thin it would be mine.

Last edited by Patrick Kelly on Wed 14 Jan, 2004 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
I've been holding out for one of the new Seaward Swords, but I don't know, that Elven Leafblade is really making it difficult :eek: !
I love that elven leafie, and the senatorial spatha.....btw whats the latin inscription mean?
Spatha Inscription
"Nothing is high and awful save the sword..."

A quote from the beginning of Richard Francis Burton's Book of the Sword and attributed to Lod. della Vernaccia, A.D. 1200.

Best,

Howy
Albion

Attachment: 64.46 KB
spatha5.jpg

That's a great looking Gladius Howy. I really like it.
It would be an understatement to say that I'm drooling over both these pieces, the leaf blade at the start of the thread and the gladius shown in Howy's post ... oh, winning lottery ticket, hurry up and get into my hands! Absolutely fabulous work in these photos. :)
Spatha actually.

Photo curtsey of www.axeforum.com and Albions corner at the manufacturers corner:

http://www.axeforum.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1208

[ Linked Image ]

A really nice piece! :cool:
Spatha or Gladius?

Fredrik,

Given the a-historical nature of the blade I don't think we can really clasify it as either one, really. At best I think we can say that it's an awfully neat sword inspired by the roman era.
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Spatha or Gladius?

Fredrik,

Given the a-historical nature of the blade I don't think we can really clasify it as either one, really. At best I think we can say that it's an awfully neat sword inspired by the roman era.

Yes is shure is. :)

I´m sorry if it sounded like i tried to correct more knowable swordlovers than i..
I really did´nt mean it that way - trust me.
Of course the piece in question is not strictly a historical piece, but more "inspired by.."

I just called it what the folks at Albion called it.

Let´s just write it of to my manhandling of the English language and agree that the sword in question has lines pleasing to the aye and great proportions?

Regards Fredrik.
We're mostly calling it a spatha due to the blade length being well over 24" long. I don't recall the exact blade length, but think it might be somewhere around 27-28", but don't quote me on that.
No offense taken Fredrik. Just throwing out another bit of conversation.

Albion can call it whatever they want. Regardless of the name, it's a nice piece of work.
Another 7 added to the news section of the site

http://jodysamson.com/news.htm

Here is one example. :D

Attachment: 50.51 KB
starofthewest.jpg

Elven Lord Leafblade,
With geting married this year checking out the stuff on Jody's site and Albion in general,
Tangible pain, :cry:
But next year, :D
*drool*... I love the leafblades. Heck, I love all of them! Truly a master at work...
I'm personally drooling over the Broadsword further down that list. Alas, I lack the cash as well. :cry:
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: