Specs on Albion Maximilian/Tyrolean
Hi

I am new to messaging in this forum, so hello all! :D

I am considering bying a two-handed sword from the late 15th to mid 16th century. I had my eye on either the albion Maximilian or Tyrolean but i'm not sure of it's exact measurments or when the prototypes will be finished.

Would anyone happen to know anything about these two swords? as this information my determine whether or not I Perchase one in the near future.
This sword is still in preliminary stage of development.
As work progress some aspects might change.

Some preliminary specs are:
Blade length: 105 cm
Blade width at base: 5.5 cm
Overall length: 140 cm
Weight: 2.2 kilo (estimate: this is a weight around wich originals of the same size normaly vary: the final weight of the "Maximilian/Tyrolean" can be slightly less or slightly more, depending on the character and potential of the blade. This has yet to be tested.)
Cross section is hexagonal, with two deep fullers reaching halfway down the blade.

Hope these data help you visualize the sword.

I will visit Albion the last two weeks of September and look forward to spending time with Steve on the blade of these two swords.
Hello!

Thank you very much Mr. Johnsson, these measurments were just what I was hoping for. :D

Even if the sword demensions changed slightly, its still in the ballpark of what I was looking for, though a blade length of the size you provided would be near perfect for me.

Again thank you very much for the info, I look forward to seeing the final product when it comes out. :)
Hello!

I'm really looking forward to the Tyrolean, too. I have the Munich and wanted to know how they "act" next to each other.

With the given specs above I printed Peters artwork with the right proportions and hang it on my wall beneath my other swords. The Tyrolean seems on the first look too big, but the sizes are correct: The blade is 5-5,5 cm and overall length is 140cm. So what do you think about the paper impression? :)

Of course, it would be really cool to get access to a high resolution artwork of the Tyrolean :)

P.S. Sorry for the poor quality, I just have only my cellphone camera at hand.

Cheers from Munich!
Ulli

Attachment: 149.41 KB
Tyrolean-2.jpg

Attachment: 140.09 KB
Tyrolean-1.jpg

Peter wrote:
I will visit Albion the last two weeks of September and look forward to spending time with Steve on the blade of these two swords.

Peter,

I'm glad to here there is some progress in the development of these swords. Maximilian #1 has had my name on it since the concept artwork was first introduced, I'll be very excited when I finally have it in hand.

Are there any interesting or unique issues in the designing of swords this large?
Ulli Martin wrote:
With the given specs above I printed Peters artwork with the right proportions and hang it on my wall beneath my other swords. The Tyrolean seems on the first look too big, but the sizes are correct: The blade is 5-5,5 cm and overall length is 140cm. So what do you think about the paper impression? :)

Funny, I did a similar thing to make a comparison with my New Stirling Arms greatsword waster. I wasn't as particular with dimensions though.

Attachment: 18.18 KB
2 handed - comparison.jpg
NSA "claymore"
I have been excited about the Tyrolean since the concept artwork first appeared on Albion's site so I am glad to hear that these two are in development. The full-size prints are pretty cool, it's hard to get a perspective on the size of these swords from a small picture.
Does anyone know about potential progress on these two swords?

My interest in these swords lead me to search this site. After all, if anyone would have some information on these beauties it would be myArmoury.com, right? Well, I was very excited to see that yes - there is information about these swords. Even a post from the esteemed Peter Johnson himself giving the approximate specs. Just as I started to drool I noticed that the posts date back from 2007... =(

Is there any current news about these beauties? Particularly their release date? I think I'm more interested in the Tyrolean, but news about either would be much appreciated.
Eric Gregersen wrote:
After all, if anyone would have some information on these beauties it would be myArmoury.com, right?

No. It would be Albion, the makers of said items. Simply call them and ask. 1-888-806-HELM

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: