OlliN Custom Project: Custom Type XII
Hello!

We just finished up a custom order and thought I would share. Below is a photo and stats for the Type XII.

[ Linked Image ]

Weight: 2 lb 15 oz
Over All Length: 38 5/8"
Blade Length: 32 3/8"
Point of Balance: 4 3/8"
Center of Percussion: 20 1/4" from guard
Thickness of Blade: 1/4"

Blade: 1075 steel
Grip: leather wrap
Guard: steel
Pommel: steel

Additional pictures can be found at our website at http://www.ollinsworddesign.com/osd-custom-LTypeXII.html. Enjoy!

Best,

Matt[/url]
That looks great: How wide is the blade at the guard ?
Absolutely beautiful. The pummel is really interesting. Keep it up.
Very nice. Makes me want to cut something :)
Looks great! Can't wait to get mine... ;)
Nice work Matthew !

This sword is kinda strange in its design... the pommel is contrasting with the rest, in an interesting way. Looks like a great cutter but with a mean point also, I'm sure it would trust nicely too.

From here it seems the tang has not been ground flush, I think it looks great...

Thanks for posting. :)
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
That looks great: How wide is the blade at the guard ?

I thought there was a measurement that I had forgotten to write down..... The blade is a little over 2 1/8" wide at the base.
I was browsing the Peter Finer auction site and I saw this... http://www.peterfiner.com/Search/ItemDetails.asp?ItemID=17#

Is the sword you made a reproduction of this one ? I suppose it is at least inspired by it. Very cool. :)

[ Linked Image ]
Ahh! Good to see these pics up here. The Peter Finer sword was the inspiration for this piece. I can't say enough good things about the work OlliN does! This sword is excellent, I hoped it would be when I ordered it and OlliN hasn't disappointed! Mark has done such a nice job on the incised lines of the pommel, and the feel of this sword is great! Great job OlliN!!!!!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: