DIY kit
I think it was here I recently saw a link to a place that has DIY breastplate/fauld kits, but after searching I can't seem to find it again. Anyone remember where that was?

Thanks!
hmmm i dont know any off hand. if you do find it please post , i'd love to know
are you reffering to a plastic breastplate and fauld kit-appropriate to the a mid to late 14th cnetury kit? if so Chuck Davis (Cad) and Global effects sells them (or used to). then you cut to shape/style, and cover in velvet or brocade.

www.globaleffects.com

not sure of cads' site. on google look up chuck davis armourer.

hope this helps,

Aaron
i thought global was owned by sir gaston not chuck davis. hmmm
GE is owned by Gaston AKA Chris Gilman.

I was refering to another kit altogether made by Chuck Davis AKA master cadwallen.

if I'm not mistaken there is another company that offers these as well can't remember the name. if I do I'll post it.

or are you looking for steel kits? if so I highly reccomend David Rylak AKA Cet. he offers RFH (rough from the hammer) as well as finished pieces. if you decide ot go the route of his RFH then it means you do the finishing work-planishing, edge rolling, fluting (if applicable), decoration, polishing...also depending on the metal you order he can heat treat and temper it too.

http://roughfromthehammer.com/about.html

then there is also Zweihammer armoury who offers Valsgarde SCA helm kits, as well as gauntlet and crusader era helm kits.

hope this helps,

Aaron
Aaron J. Cergol wrote:
GE is owned by Gaston AKA Chris Gilman.

I was refering to another kit altogether made by Chuck Davis AKA master cadwallen.

if I'm not mistaken there is another company that offers these as well can't remember the name. if I do I'll post it.

or are you looking for steel kits? if so I highly reccomend David Rylak AKA Cet. he offers RFH (rough from the hammer) as well as finished pieces. if you decide ot go the route of his RFH then it means you do the finishing work-planishing, edge rolling, fluting (if applicable), decoration, polishing...also depending on the metal you order he can heat treat and temper it too.

http://roughfromthehammer.com/about.html

then there is also Zweihammer armoury who offers Valsgarde SCA helm kits, as well as gauntlet and crusader era helm kits.

hope this helps,

Aaron

Steel, please - and you nailed it! Rough from the hammer! Thanks... You guys always pull through.
Glad i could help.

do not hesitate to order from Dave. he is an honest man, and does great work, and always delivers.of all the people I know that have ordered from him are very happy with the customer satisfaction, and the final product.

I have an order with him now, so I highly recomend him.

Aaron

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: