Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New book- "The Medieval Sword in the Modern World" Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 20 Aug, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: New book- "The Medieval Sword in the Modern World"         Reply with quote

Nathan suggested that I announce this book here so I'm happy to oblige!

The book is a brief but comprehensive look at modern reproduction swords and features photos of the work of Gus Trim, Vince Evans, John Lundemo, CAS/Hanwei, Museum Replicas, Arms and Armor and of course myself. Chapters cover the different types of swords, the qualities that make for a good sword, marketing of swords, related topics such as daggers, Scottish weapons etc. as well as a comprehensive description of my process for making swords. Other relevant topics such as Oakeshott's typology is included courtesy of the Oakeshott Institute.

The book is available through my website at http://tinkerswords.com/TinkrMakBukz.html as either an eBook in .PDF format or as an economy 8-1/2x11 inch B&W print edition as well as deluxe full-color editions in both hard and soft-bound. The deluxe softbound may also be ordered from Barnes and Noble, Amazon and other major booksellers.

Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
Then one night, as my car was going backwards through a cornfield at 90mph, I had an epiphany...

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New book- "The Medieval Sword in the Modern World"
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic