Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Variant seax Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
David Huggins

PostPosted: Sat 11 Aug, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Variant seax         Reply with quote

Please accept my apologies, I seem to be unable to track down the topic in the forums but I recall a member asking a question about a 'variant seax' , this reproduction appears to be the same and can be found on www.dietraumschmiede.de. unfortunately I can not read German but from what I can understand it is modelled on the original in the Sammlung des Landesmuseeum in Stuttgart....i think! Hope this helps the member who was trying to recall where he had seen it.

Attachment: 41.6 KB
saxneu.jpg
?Variant seax

and he who stands and sheds blood with us, shall be as a brother.
Merv Cannon

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 11 Aug, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Seax Variant         Reply with quote

Hi David...........heres a link to the same page but "translated" .....at least into pidgeon English, but its more or less readable and, as always, sometimes amusing. ...... http://translate.google.com/translate?sourcei...2Ede%2E%2F
.........I cant remember how I got the tool onto my Explorer menu, but I think its part of the Google search bar. All I do is right click a web page and hit "Translate into English" and its all done in a couple of seconds. Perhaps some forum member with more PC - Web skills can confirm that its a Google-Bar function ? It certinally is very handy with historical research and will do Russian and other pages just as easilly ! I have gained a lot of knowlege about obscure items this way and I hartillt recommend it to everyone here at the Forum ( plus its free ! )
Cheers

Merv ....... KOLR
http://www.lionrampant.com.au/

"Then let slip the dogs of war ! "......Woof !
David Huggins

PostPosted: Sun 12 Aug, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip Merv, a good tool to have and as you said it does make for some amusing reading! The guy does have some nice looking spathas on his site.
While surfing I came across another German site that does a nice range of Celtic/ Romano/Germanic shield repo's but I guess that should be in an other thread/forum?

and he who stands and sheds blood with us, shall be as a brother.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Variant seax
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic