For Sale: A big lot of scabbards, blades, etc.
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I just moved, and I'm looking to clear out a lot of random sword-related stuff that I have taking up space. It is mostly old Hanwei bits and bobs. I would prefer to sell the entire lot for $60. It's really worth more than that, but I just want to clear it out of my new place. I'm sure there are many of you who can relate to that. :)

There are lots of home improvement projects here. There are scabbards here for swords of mine that are loaner swords in my school (and therefore don't need the scabbards), and there are a couple of broken blades that have the potential to be ground into something else. In the picture, from top to bottom, left to right, we have:

-A black wooden scabbard (originally fit the Hanwei practical sidesword)

-A perfectly good, brand new Hanwei Practical Rapier blade that has never been used. This is the shorter version (35" blade)

-A broken Hanwei Practical Rapier blade. Maybe the forte can be reground into a dagger?

-The hilt, grip and pommel of an older Hanwei Practical Rapier. NOTE: The opening for the hilt does not fit the unbroken rapier blade listed above, much to my dismay, which is why I am selling it. The hilt is a few years old, and apparently they've made the newer blades with a more robust ricasso. I'm sure you could do a little grinding to make it fit, or find something else to be mounted in it.

-A cuphilt and knucklebow from an old stage combat sword. It is nickle plated, and has it's share of scuffs. I don't recall the maker. It does not fit the above Hanwei blade, either.

-An old Hanwei dagger blade with it's scabbard. The edge and point have been filed down, though it could be sharpened again.

-The scabbard to the aged version of the Hanwei Gustav rapier. (The rapier itself has now been blunted and is being used as a loaner for students, so I have no need for the scabbard anymore.)

-A black wooden scabbard with blued metal fittings (originally fit the old version of the Hanwei practical mortuary sword)

-An old Hanwei rapier blade with its scabbard. Sharpened. Broke at the tang. I had always envisioned grinding the end down so as to make a stilleto out of the last six or seven inches of it, but never got around to doing so.

Again, $60 takes it all. I pay shipping to the continental U.S. I accept PayPal.

I apologize ahead of time, but if you'd like me to take additional pictures, I might be a little slow to get them posted. Between work and the recent move, I'm pretty busy, but if you need them, let me know.

Attachment: 112.69 KB
thelot.JPG

PM sent.

Mark Millman

Wow, I didn't realize how many people would be interested in these! Got a flood of e-mails, and now the lot is sold. Thanks everyone!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: