I'm so proud of her...
I was talking to my wife on the phone this morning, and mentioned that someone is sending me a claymore to work on. She said "wait isn't that one of the bit two handed ones with the little ringy things out at the ends of the cross?" I'm so proud. She's coming around. :) She knows the difference between a katzbalger and a schiavona too... :)
Ringy things?
Heck....I'm proud of her too, Russ. My wife long ago gave up the rolling pin for a Macallen baskethilt. She can use it too. Scary. Women I know usually disdain from talk and hands-on with swords and weapons, but don't let 'em fool ya. They really do like it. They won't tell ya.....but they do.
Lol I was teasing her about it and told her I was going to post about it. She said that she was going to tell her friends to but with horror not pride...
Um...
My wife swings swords with me. We are both scholars of the longsword and recruits of the rapier at www.swordacademy.com :D
My wife views it as an eccentricity that is less harmful to our relationship than other interests some men have might be.

Toleration...it works for me. :wtf:
My girlfriend fences foil. I think it's the closest I'm going to get from her. :)
Re: I'm so proud of her...
Russ Ellis wrote:
I was talking to my wife on the phone this morning, and mentioned that someone is sending me a claymore to work on. She said "wait isn't that one of the bit two handed ones with the little ringy things out at the ends of the cross?" I'm so proud. She's coming around. :) She knows the difference between a katzbalger and a schiavona too... :)

Do you reciprocate with respect to her enthusiasms?
Greetings Geoff Wood, Ah yes. Respectfully reciprocating the wife's enthusiasms. :\ This is costing me 2 of my old MRL Celtic spearheads for a curtain rod project. :eek: After much effort, she just won't be happy with anything else. You gotta love em though. Sincerely, Patrick Fitzmartin
Get this...my wife actually is starting to learn the Oakeshott typology! I have no other way to explain this other than osmosis.
Actually I'm very appreciative of my wife's abilities. She does the vast majority of the machine sewing on my scabbards as well as any braid work that is required. She's also a heck of a seamstress and can turn out dresses easily worth more then one of my scabbards. I'm a lucky guy.
You're a lucky guy because your wife makes you dresses? ;)

I kid, I kid.
Yes, you wouldn't believe this little blue smocked number with the plunging neckline that she just ma....er I mean SHUT UP!!! ;)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: