Wanted: anvil
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

wanted ;Looking for an English or German style anvil for blade forging. 200 lbs. plus preferable.

Curt Cummins

I am not looking to sell mine, but recommend considering just buying one of the new Euroanvils. Based on weight and price they are competitive in price with many used anvils which are usually not in great condition. http://euroanvils.net/index.php

The "70" model has English standard dimension holes (1" square hole at horn end, 1" round and 5/8" round diameter holes at the other end. It is close to 175 lbs. It has a roughly 18" long by 4" wide flat working top area that is well centered over the central mass like a home made block anvil for sword pounding would have. You will pay less than the average U.S. price for raw steel by weight and might not do too bad on ground freight if you can find a dealer closer than mine (Virginia dealer, shipped to Tennessee.)

Jared,
This forum is for discussions between buyers and sellers only, not for any other discussion or advice however well-intentioned it may be. :) Anyone posting a wanted ad is to be looking for used/secondhand items from other, non-business posters, not looking for any buying advice. Any advice, or requests for it, are better kept elsewhere in our forums.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: