Go to page 1, 2  Next

A nice new one from Jake Powning
A very nice piece of work from Jake ! , Mac

Blade - three bar opposing s twist composite billet , 22 1/2" inches .
Grip - 6 1/2" inches
Hilt - is silicon bronze curly maple and scrimshawed moose antler.
Inscription - (on the moose antler spacer) "Bifrost", on one side, and "Heimdall" on the other.
(Heimdall being the gardian of the Asgard ,or the gatekeeper in the Norse myths, and Bifrost being the bridge between the world of men and the mythic otherworld.)
Weight - ?
Jake Powning's Site
I really like this one. Jake is doing some very intresting stuff these days.
[ Linked Image ]
Jake Powning
Cannot.. stop.. drooling..

I do not see mention of this one on his site. Is it new, sold, still available?
Jake mentioned that it was going to someone in Scandanavia.
Yeah, I think it is going to the person that bought the carved seax he did a while back (if I didn't misunderstand what Jake said on another forum, anway.) Really a beautiful sword you made, Jake. Makes me want to take up pattern welding one of these days, just looking at it. :)
Sometimes people come up with things I cannot even imagine. This is one of those times.
:eek: My God the thing is stunning!
Jake sure is one talented carver and bladesmith. It really brings out teh green eyed monster in me knowing that jake gets wood, does an dtemplate and then chizels therse pieces of art out time and time again. I wish I was that talented..

C
Wouldn't it be cool to be able to make swords like that. Amazingly, beautiful work. But why doesn't it have a fuller?
Kenneth Enroth wrote:
Wouldn't it be cool to be able to make swords like that. Amazingly, beautiful work. But why doesn't it have a fuller?

Curious question!! Why would it require a fuller? Its a short sword and probably would not require a fuller to lighten the blade.

Ciaran
Absolutely beautiful!! Hats off to Mr. Powning, this is the most distinctive sword and scabbard I've ever seen. How long did this take to craft?
Ciaran Flanagan wrote:
Kenneth Enroth wrote:

Curious question!! Why would it require a fuller? Its a short sword and probably would not require a fuller to lighten the blade.

Ciaran

It's the first viking sword I've seen without a fuller.
Is it just me who can't get through to the website listed on Thomas' first post? I keep on coming up with "website coming soon".

David
David McElrea wrote:
Is it just me who can't get through to the website listed on Thomas' first post? I keep on coming up with "website coming soon". David

Hi Dave

The link works when I click on it ..... so I dunno ? Mac
Thomas McDonald wrote:
David McElrea wrote:
Is it just me who can't get through to the website listed on Thomas' first post? I keep on coming up with "website coming soon". David

Hi Dave

The link works when I click on it ..... so I dunno ? Mac

I get the same thing as Dave.
Quote:
I get the same thing as Dave.

Wierd ... ?? I got the link direct from Yahoo, after typing in Jake's name !
http://www.powning.com/jake/home/j_homepg.shtml

Mac
Hi Thomas,

It still comes up with "this site planned for development"-- go figure!

David
Today it works!
David McElrea wrote:
Today it works!

Hi Dave

Now it's not working for me *g* ... go figure !

Jake explained on SFI that his domain name expired, or something, but that he would be fixing the problem !

Mac
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: