It’s Finally Here. The Fiore
On this day of national morning and shock I received a very welcome diversion that brought some lightness into an otherwise dark day. After a year and a half of waiting it arrived today and it was well worth the wait. I no sooner got home from work when the UPS dude came up the walk with the long white box and knocked on the door. As I took the box from his hands I really didn’t make the connection of what it exactly it was and then it hit me. It was almost like a surreal dream I had almost forgotten about this and now it was actually in my hands. I stared at it for several minutes before eagerly cutting the packing tape from the Albion signature white box.

When I opened the box my eyes almost couldn’t believe the beauty of the item within. As I laid my hands on this sexy creation of steel and leather I immediately felt the incredible balance and stark deadliness of this gorgeous beast. The Fiore is truly a work of art and to me has an almost indescribable feeling of balance and poise that is hard to put into words. I can honestly say that I haven’t felt quite this way about anything since I first laid eyes on the woman that eventually became my wife.

I’ve taken a few quick pictures for your viewing pleasure but believe me they really do not do this beauty justice.

Jim Holczer
Student - Umbs School of Fence / Martinez Academy of Arms

Attachment: 112.39 KB
IMG_0686.JPG

Attachment: 110.86 KB
IMG_0687.JPG

Attachment: 112.97 KB
IMG_0694.JPG

Attachment: 112.85 KB
IMG_0692.JPG

I really like the blueing, I didn't realize that Albion offered that as an option. Congratulations :D
Hi Jim,

Congratulations! (From one Fiore owner to another ;) ) I had been waiting for about the same length of time, mine arrived last Friday. All I can say is that it was love at first sight. She is a real beauty. What a thrill to know someone else feels the same.

Yours is simply gorgeous! :cool:
Addison C. de Lisle wrote:
I really like the blueing, I didn't realize that Albion offered that as an option. Congratulations :D

Thanks, I believe the bluing was done at an additional charge but to tell you the truth I ordered it so long ago I’m not sure anymore. I’d have to go back and check my original emails. I know at one time they also used to offer browning as an alternate finish for hilt components. But I’m not sure if they still do.

Jim Holczer
Student – Umbs School of Fence / Martinez Academy of Arms
Pamela Muir wrote:
Hi Jim,

Congratulations! (From one Fiore owner to another ;) ) I had been waiting for about the same length of time, mine arrived last Friday. All I can say is that it was love at first sight. She is a real beauty. What a thrill to know someone else feels the same.

Yours is simply gorgeous! :cool:

Thanks Pamela,

I’m glad you like yours as well; I know it’s really hard not too. Have you had a chance to do any cutting with yours? I’m hoping to get out this weekend and give mine a try. The weather here in the Northeast has been beastly of late :wtf: but they’re predicting decent weather for this weekend

Jim Holczer
Congrats on the new peice. Could you tell me how this sword feels in the hands? I love thier Agincourt myself but the sword is very nice as well. Thanks
Congratulations on your acquirement !

Albion Europe received my Agincourt recently and is all set to ship it out to me tomorrow. I now have a very tantalising wait before it arrives. I ordered the antique finish for my Agincourt, had I know about the blueing option though... I feel another purchase might be on the cards ;)

With regards the book in your picture, would be at all possible to have the ISBN number for it please ? Thank ye !
Sweet sword! I got to handle a Fiore at the Oregon knife show this past weekend, and it was pretty amazing. It fits perfectly in the hand and seems like one of the best balanced longswords I've ever held, along with the Brescia.
Virak Ung wrote:
Congrats on the new peice. Could you tell me how this sword feels in the hands? I love thier Agincourt myself but the sword is very nice as well. Thanks

Thanks, How does it feel in my hands? Like an extension of my arms. It seems to transition from guard to guard almost effortlessly. Albion lists it at 3lbs 6,5oz or 1.5kg but because of the excellent balance it feels much lighter.

Jim Holczer
Student - Umbs School of Fence / Martinez Academy of Arms.
Absolutely gorgeous.

What color is the grip-- is that magenta or oxblood?
Stuart W. wrote:
Congratulations on your acquirement !

Albion Europe received my Agincourt recently and is all set to ship it out to me tomorrow. I now have a very tantalising wait before it arrives. I ordered the antique finish for my Agincourt, had I know about the blueing option though... I feel another purchase might be on the cards ;)

With regards the book in your picture, would be at all possible to have the ISBN number for it please ? Thank ye !

Congratulations on your Agincourt. I had originally thought about the antique finish for the Fiore but I decide to go with the blued finish instead.

The ISBN is 1-891448-07-2 can I ask why you need it.

Jim Holczer
R. D. Simpson wrote:
Absolutely gorgeous.

What color is the grip-- is that magenta or oxblood?

Thank you, the grip is magenta. I think it goes really well with the blue hilt components.

Jim Holczer
I've gotten to handle Pamela's sword, and it is NICE. Much nicer than I expected, even. I love the handling, and it's really pretty, too. I'm very jealous. ;)

So congratulations, Jim!
Thank you for the info on the ISBN. Of course you may. I purchased a another book (Fighting with the German Longsword) several months ago from Amazon, I am sadly still waiting for its arrival. I have ordered a few books for reference materials over the past six months, and I was curious as to the book there in the picture. Now I realise why it wasn't one I had put on my list (the cost from Amazon demonstrates its obvious rarity, something to look for in the old second hand bookstores I think!).

Enjoy :)
Stuart W. wrote:
Thank you for the info on the ISBN. Of course you may. I purchased a another book (Fighting with the German Longsword) several months ago from Amazon, I am sadly still waiting for its arrival. I have ordered a few books for reference materials over the past six months, and I was curious as to the book there in the picture. Now I realise why it wasn't one I had put on my list (the cost from Amazon demonstrates its obvious rarity, something to look for in the old second hand bookstores I think!).

Enjoy :)

Stuart,

Have you checked Chivalry Bookshelf? That’s where I got my copy.

http://www.chivalrybookshelf.com/

Jim Holczer
Thanks for your help, no I hadn't come across them just yet. I shall have to give them a call and see if they deliver abroad. :D
I got MY Fiore today. It´s with brown grip, as to the recommendation of Soren as being the best colour.

After already owning two Albions I wasn´t too impressed of the workmanship as I already knew what to expect ;)

But the thing that struck me most was the reinforment of the tip, I wouldn´t have imagined a nearly sqaruish cross section :eek:

Although the blade is relatively spoke slim compared to the Yeoman ;) it is still a sword. And if the weather wasn´t so bad I would go outside for some half-swording *stab, stab, stab* :lol:

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: