Antique Saudi Arabian Schimitar
So I was browsing the local area craigslist in Portland for swords as I often do and ran across a rather interesting piece
up for sale. The guy says it belonged to the late Amir Saud Ibn Abdulla Ibn Jiluwi, the governor of Al Hasa and was
presented to his father as a token of friendship in 1953. While I have no intention of buying the sword (not that I have the
money anyway) I thought it looked interesting enough to post a link and see what everybody thinks about it:

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/clt/360175105.html

Last edited by Jeremiah Thompson on Mon 25 Jun, 2007 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
If it was for real and the guy had a brain cell, then he would of contacted the Saudi embassy and asked them if they would like to acquire it. If it was legit, then they would pay a whole lot more for that sword than $15k!
I've seen a few different middle-eastern swords around and I didn't immediately recognize the styling. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what it is and if it is consistent with that era (1900s).

Last edited by Jeremiah Thompson on Mon 25 Jun, 2007 7:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
We really don't need to insult the seller on this, do we?
Yeah, probably not. Although, I'm still curious... it would be awesome if it's authentic.

Last edited by Jeremiah Thompson on Mon 25 Jun, 2007 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremiah Thompson wrote:
Yeah, probably not.

On this forum, definitely not. It's not how we do things.
By 'probably not' I meant 'No, you're right, I'm sorry'. I mean no disrespect to the seller. Or you for that matter. Please accept my apologies.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: