Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Your suggestions on furnishing a blade Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Tomasz Nowak

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jun, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Your suggestions on furnishing a blade         Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I´m a silent reader at myArmoury.com for almost 2 years now, but this is my first post and first topic to start.

A short while ago I bought the remains of a prussian M52 cavalry sabre. The blade has broken a while ago, leaving about 3/4 of the original length and somebody gave it a rather unimpressive new tip. The steel, on the other way, is wonderful, I think it is not fair just to keep it unfurnished somewhere in one´s flat Wink

Now I would like to give it a new fitting, maybe reshaping it a bit, but somewhat lack ideas. Since my main time of interest it the late 15th cent. (yes, I´m also in living hisrory), I do not have a very broad knowledge of short bladed, single edged weapons of the let´s say 1650ies up to the 1850ies.

So maybe you have some ideas, what to do with it. At the end, the weapon should be usabel - but will not be used, maybe just for light cutting tests, not more.

Here the measures:

total length incl. tang: 78,5cm, blade length 64,5cm, blade width 2,8cm at the tang and 2 cm at the tip.

Here is a picture of it, nest to the blade you can see the original guard. I´m now hunting for a complete M52, It´s simply stunning.

Any suggestions? I´m open to mostly everything, just as long as it´s historically provable.

Cheers,
Tomasz[/img]

Tomasz Nowak
Evocatio Ratisbonensis 1470
http://www.evocatio.de
J. Pav

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jun, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You could simply mount it as a cutlass. They came in such a range of variations, you could pretty much use your imagination.
Tomasz Nowak

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jun, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I rahter thought of a kind of civillian (?) hanger or hunting knife/ sowrd. In my opinion, the blade is to thin and to light for a cutlass.
Tomasz Nowak
Evocatio Ratisbonensis 1470
http://www.evocatio.de

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Your suggestions on furnishing a blade
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic