G. Gedney Godwin blades
Looking into a British hanger blade by G. Gedney Godwin it's item #56 and also a monster head hanger #661, any info or reviews would be appreciated.
If your purpose is to leave them in the scabbard as part of a uniform impression for the Rev War period, fine. If you intend to use them, they are heavy and clunky. All are Indian made and while authentic looking, they are heavy and poorly balanced. Just depends on what you want to do with them.
It will most likely be peace tied and left in the scabard.
Ged Godwin was a great guy and was literally the only game in town for many, many years. The swords he originally reproduced were from his own collection, so, given your use - and I infer since you used the term "peace-bond" you are looking at Ren Faire or similar - I'd certainly go for it. BTW, I have had three of his swords for 30 years or more.
Does anyone know anything about his colichimarde smallsword? He is the only one of which I know who offers a colichimarde blade.
Hugh Fuller wrote:
Does anyone know anything about his colichimarde smallsword? He is the only one of which I know who offers a colichimarde blade.

This one? http://www.myArmoury.com/review_ggg_ss.html
Thank you. For some reason, I have trouble getting the "Search" programs to work for me. :mad: Perhaps I shouldn't be angry but should just accept that I am not always as computer friendly as I should be. :D
Hugh Fuller wrote:
Thank you. For some reason, I have trouble getting the "Search" programs to work for me. :mad: Perhaps I shouldn't be angry but should just accept that I am not always as computer friendly as I should be. :D

As an aside, there are separate search functions for different parts of the site. The Search button on forum pages (next to the Forum Index, Memberlist, Usergroups, Spotlight Topics, and Watched Topics buttons) searches just the forums. The search link at the very top of each page (with the About, Links, and Contribute links) searches articles, reviews, and collections. The photo albums have their own search button.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: