Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > My Grosse Messer: Soldat from Albion Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Sat 09 Jun, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Bob,

Don't forget though that not all historical swords were sharpened to the same degree.
Ventura Ancheta

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jun, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

i only had the sword one day. I really didn't get a chance to play with it. I did several repetitions of forms with slashes and thrusting motions.

I'll give a full report of the handling characteristics of the blade as applied to the methods of the Filipino blade arts when I get the sword back from Albion. I'll take some photos and will also report on the fit, finish, design and overall construction of the blade.

I'm looking to get some help on how to make a proper scabbard for it.
M. Eversberg II

Reading list: 3 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jun, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Can't help you on the scabbard but if you do a formal review, you can get it up on the site.

M.

This space for rent or lease.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Amy Christensen-Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 11 Jun, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Greyson Brown wrote:
[I still owe Mike and Aaron each a drink, so I have to come up to New Glarus at some point. Hopefully that will make up for not talking to you on the phone.

-Grey

EDIT: Unfortunately, that last part just seems a bit creepy; it really wasn't intended that way.

*chuckle* Isn't it sad when bad things happen to good posts? Laughing Out Loud That's okay, I knew where you were going with it. Frankly, my post, post-posting, seemed to me to be a bit "blondish." (I can say that...) Afterwards I felt like I was flipping my hair and giggling or something.

In actuality, I was thinking - "wow, someone wouldn't mind talking to me!" You see, when Mike's gone and I cover phones,most of what I hear is, "Is Mike there?" "Where's Mike?" "I need to talk to Mike." "I'll wait for Mike..." Not that that's a bad thing - it means we hired the right guy to take over customer service, and I love that. However, immature human nature dictates that I think, "Hey... I'm here too!" So thanks Greyson, you made me feel significant again Big Grin

Besides, when they don't wait for Mike, I say things like, "Yes, it should always cut paper..." Blush (I used the blush!)

My best,
Amy

Amy Waddell
President/CEO
Albion Swords Limited, LLC

I wrote to the FBI to see if they had a file on me. They wrote back, "we do now..."

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > My Grosse Messer: Soldat from Albion
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: