Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Best way to sell a "used" Albion online? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Michael F.

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Best way to sell a "used" Albion online?         Reply with quote

Hello everyone-

I have had an Albion Crecy for almost 2 years now, and the time has come to sell it as I am in need of some extra money.

It has a few minor scratches on the hilt and blade finish, but It's in great condition (only been used a few times for light cutting)- I can't get pictures at the moment, but based on these descriptions how much do the experts here think it is worth used?

I'm new at selling things online, and I'll likely sell the Crecy on e-bay or here, so if someone could explain the whole process of selling on e-bay and here, that would be appreciated.

Any advice would be great!

-Michael

"Tis but a scratch.....A scratch? your arm's off!"-- Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Best way to sell a "used" Albion online?         Reply with quote

Michael F. wrote:
Hello everyone-

I have had an Albion Crecy for almost 2 years now, and the time has come to sell it as I am in need of some extra money.

It has a few minor scratches on the hilt and blade finish, but It's in great condition (only been used a few times for light cutting)- I can't get pictures at the moment, but based on these descriptions how much do the experts here think it is worth used?

I'm new at selling things online, and I'll likely sell the Crecy on e-bay or here, so if someone could explain the whole process of selling on e-bay and here, that would be appreciated.

Any advice would be great!

-Michael

Michael,
Selling here is very easy; i've done it many times. Happy Simply make a post in the Marketplace. Include the condition info above, what you'd like to get for it, whether shipping is included in the price, and what payment you accept. Pictures help, too.

Any interested party would contact you and you guys would work out any final details. Refer to the Marketplace rules and info post for more info.

Ebay is different and can be more complex. They also take some fees. I'd try selling it here first; I'm sure you'll get some nibbles.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Decide what you want to get for it, what you have to get for it, and your walk away.

Get some good photos and post them to the classified with what you want for the sword. I'd honestly recommend giving it a few days here before sending it on to Ebay. Figure shipping into your asking price so that the buyer knows exactly how much they will spend. In other words you as the seller should pay shipping and insurance, this helps make sales. Note if you are selling and shipping in the US only. Note anything you are willing to negotiate.

Worth is going to come down to how fast you want to sell your sword and what the used market will support. There are no hard and fast rules. In general I suggest that you expect to give up some value if you are going to sell something that can still be easily sourced directly from the vendor.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Michael F.

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

I'm still a bit confused as to how the whole receiving money and shipping coordination works- anyone mind explaining?

Forgive my ignorance of the subject!

-Michael

"Tis but a scratch.....A scratch? your arm's off!"-- Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I usually just have the other party send me a check by snail mail.

When the banks says it clears, I send the item.

Some prefer money orders.

Some prefer PayPal.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Michael F. wrote:
Thanks guys!

I'm still a bit confused as to how the whole receiving money and shipping coordination works- anyone mind explaining?

Forgive my ignorance of the subject!

-Michael

That's up to you. I only take money via PayPal or money order. For shipping, I ask what carrier the person prefers, then I quote shipping ( I don't include it like Joe does). When the money is agreed upon, I send my PayPal email address for PayPal or my physical address if they're mailing a money order. There has to be trust on both sides, of course. Using PayPal or money order provides protection to both parties. Some people accept personal checks; I prefer not to, as I'd want to wait until it clears the bank to ship.

When the money comes in, I ship.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sun 03 Jun, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I also recommend posting your sword here in the Marketplace before going to ebay.
Michael F. wrote:
... I'm still a bit confused as to how the whole receiving money and shipping coordination works- anyone mind explaining? ....

Not quite sure what guidance you are looking for, here. I would say that the norm is the seller gets paid before shipping the sword. Personal check should clear your bank first, or you could request something like a cashiers check or USPS money order. If you have a PayPal account, that makes the payment side of things super quick and easy for both the seller and the buyer. I strongly recommend Paypal, because, in my opinion, any step you take that makes things quick and easy for the buyer is a help to your sale. In my own personal experience, every piece that I have purchased on the internet has been paid through PayPal. They do charge the seller a fee for that convenience, though, which I think is 3%. (I have only bought, never sold on the internet, so I'm not sure). I hope that this helps.

"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Best way to sell a "used" Albion online?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic