Qipchaq clothing
Hi Guys

I was wandering if anyone has some good sources for either 12th c Qipchaq or Czarne Kloboki clothing?
Patterns from surviving garments would be excellent, also conjectural reconstructions from burial finds would
be nice.

Its a stretch I know!

Thanks

Nick
Isn't there a guy out there with a website devoted to the cultures of the Silk Road? I remember seeing such a site and he had all sorts of clothing information for steppe peoples in it.
High Hugh

Yep thats the RedKaganate site, its good but theres no mention of clothing for these people groups.

thanks anyway

Nick

Hugh Fuller wrote:
Isn't there a guy out there with a website devoted to the cultures of the Silk Road? I remember seeing such a site and he had all sorts of clothing information for steppe peoples in it.
In an Osprey-illustration (plate G in Armies of Medieval Russia 750-1250) ) of a Chernye Klobuki standard bearer made by the late Angus McBride the tunic is said to be based on a 13th century find from Cingul Kurgan (sp?). Otherwise the numerous steppe burial and memorial statues reveal how these people could be dressed.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: