Is anyone looking for a cheap Scottish Baskethilt replica?
Kult of Athena has one of Cold Steel's line in its dent and scratch section because the "scabbard is too tight." $180, which is a nice break compared to Kult's normal price of $245...and an even nicer break compared to Cold Steel's price of $390.

Mind you, I cannot speak from any experience or knowledge about Scottish basket hilts (no matter who the manufacturer is), so it's my hope that someone with experience with Cold Steel's particular version can tell interested folks whether it's worth spending the money. I just thought I'd pass the news of the bargain on...along with the fact that Cold Steel's site says the sword is 3 pounds, so it may well be a bit too heavy.
Re: Is anyone looking for a cheap Scottish Baskethilt replic
Carl Goff wrote:
Kult of Athena has one of Cold Steel's line in its dent and scratch section because the "scabbard is too tight." $180, which is a nice break compared to Kult's normal price of $245...and an even nicer break compared to Cold Steel's price of $390.

Mind you, I cannot speak from any experience or knowledge about Scottish basket hilts (no matter who the manufacturer is), so it's my hope that someone with experience with Cold Steel's particular version can tell interested folks whether it's worth spending the money. I just thought I'd pass the news of the bargain on...along with the fact that Cold Steel's site says the sword is 3 pounds, so it may well be a bit too heavy.

That's a great price and very close to wholesale. It's not a bad sword and if I needed one I would get it. But I don't.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: