Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

DOH, it did not attach file

Attachment: 70.33 KB
[ Download ]
here is a picture of me in my late 15th century mercenary scrapbuild armour :P

jackchains, bellyplate and lots of padding.

Attachment: 40.29 KB
teylingen 1.JPG

I like the "pieced togather" look
I like the look of heavy padding reinforced with some plates on strategic places. ;)
Just a few pics after the arrival of a Jiri Klepac masterpiece. Now I am waiting for my refittet pourpoint (for the legs) and arming doublet for addition on the maille and better overall armour support. Now I will only need greaves, then the armour is finished.

EDIT: better pictures with maile below.

Last edited by Felix R. on Sun 08 Nov, 2009 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Finally, I have some pics I can post in this absolute favourite thread of mine.
I know, I know, itīs only LARP, it doesnīt look like much yet (I plan on changing that soon), but thereīs at least one saving grace for me: I made it all myself, here in my tiny apartment. Thatīs gotta count for something, right? Right?

Oh, and just to be on the safe side: Iīm not a professional, I donīt sell my stuff, so I hope it is OK for me to post my work here.

Cheers, Peter

Attachment: 21.45 KB
Bel1.JPG

Attachment: 48.99 KB
schlachtenfestival_38_20091030_1547959519.jpg

Peter, what material did you use for the armour?
Itīs all 1mm hot-rolled mild steel apart from the spaulders (which where my first project, didnīt have better material back then) and the gauntlet fingers, both of which are 0.7mm formerly galvanized steel.
Properly dished, rolled and fluted itīs plenty strong for LARP-combat, wouldnīt ever use it for SCA or steel combat, though.
Felix R. wrote:
Just a few pics after the arrival of a Jiri Klepac masterpiece. Now I am waiting for my refittet pourpoint (for the legs) and arming doublet for addition on the maille and better overall armour support. Now I will only need greaves, then the armour is finished.

nice!
Peter,

You have a lot of skill! Those gauntlets are beautiful.
Thanks, Michael. The gaunts are, together with the cuisses (which, unfortunately, I donīt have a good pic of) the most recent parts of my armour and thus the ones which have turned out best. Next: elbows, a new German gothic cuirass, a new sallet...so much to do, so little time...
So a year has gone by, this is what I have done.

[ Linked Image ]
Charging the Norwegians
[ Linked Image ]
Waiting to assault a city wall
[ Linked Image ]
This is SPARTA!
[ Linked Image ]
Resting and smiling.
[ Linked Image ]
Taking aim
Very nice kit both soft and armour, as well very nice photography: Look better that what Hollywood and a well financed costume department would produce and more authentic also than 99.999% of what we see in films I think.
Very nice 15th century kit Nils! I especially like those besagews...I wish I had a pair like that for my kit. That Bec de Corbain is a nice specimen too! :cool:
I haven't replied here lately. I agree with Jean and Jeff that the kit looks top notch!

I would also like to say how much everyone's kits have impressed me. Though the Brothers Fick do worry me! :eek:

Still hoping to post pictures of a kit of my own one day,
Scott
Culloden Moor, 16 April, 1746. Sucker break.

Actually, it's my wee laird trick-or-treat-ing on sorority row in the Jacobite-ish kit I made for him. He didn't want fittings, so the jacket/vest is short. He also insisted on keeping the sword in scabbard.

Attachment: 182.65 KB
jacobite.gif

Attachment: 164.98 KB
jacobite2.gif

The foundation garments arrived, so I deleted those older pictures and thought to share some better looking ones.

We only have night here in Germany, so only indoor/flash ;)

Attachment: 74.48 KB
HPIM2075.JPG

Attachment: 74.04 KB
HPIM2078.JPG

Attachment: 96.91 KB
HPIM2080.JPG

Attachment: 113.82 KB
HPIM2081.JPG

Attachment: 112.64 KB
HPIM2082.JPG

Felix, between you and Nils-Erik the greened eyed jealousy monster is in full swing! As always, great stuff!
looking sharp felix!

Makes me want to get my arm harness so I can finish my kit :D
Sean Flynt wrote:
Culloden Moor, 16 April, 1746. Sucker break.

Actually, it's my wee laird trick-or-treat-ing on sorority row in the Jacobite-ish kit I made for him. He didn't want fittings, so the jacket/vest is short. He also insisted on keeping the sword in scabbard.

Little guy will be proud of this one day. :)
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Page 28 of 100

Jump to: