Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Last Sword
My last sword was the beautiful current issue Anduril from UC, and being something of a LOTR geek, I sure like seeing it on my wall. I do have to wonder, however, what a fun thing it might be to play with were it built like a real weapon!

Attachment: 42.85 KB
unanduril.jpg

Hello
Here`s a couple of pics of my Albion Soveriegn and DBK scabbard,that I dubbed "Red Eyed Gryphon" :D
The stones are, fire agates.

Thanks for looking
I picked up this Albion Squire Line Gotland sword a few months back but just got around to finishing my first scabbard & baldric. Excellent sword!

As this is a Squire line & came with a basic grip, I formed and re-wrapped the grip also.

Cheers,

Andrew
Nice job on your scabbard Andrew!

Could I ask you where you got the buckle and hardware?

Thanks
Spence
Nathan Spence wrote:

Could I ask you where you got the buckle and hardware?

Hey Nathan, thanks for the comment.

I purchased the sword & chape from Viking shield. (great site)

http://www.viking-shield.com/

the buckle set came from Raymond's Quiet Press (another great site, bin' spending a lot of money there lately :D )

http://www.quietpress.com/index.html
Well, maybe some of you have already seen my newest acquisition, and maybe
some of you haven't .... B-)

http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=15334
Windlass German Bastard Sword:

Bought from KoA last week to tinker with. I followed the example of Sean's here as an experiment; redid the grip as well as re-antiqued the guard/pommel. Nice working edge finished up as well. Working on the peen this coming weekend. Pretty solid little cutter, though a bit heavy for form.

JE Sarge wrote:
Pretty solid little cutter, though a bit heavy for form.

Ironically, it's lighter than the antique on which it's based.

Your modified sword looks great. I want it.
Nathan,

Thanks for the compliment. I been doing alot of experimentation to work on my cutler skill set since joining the site. Windlass and older Del Tins are all over the place offering good platforms for practice. Typically, I will tinker with one for a bit (regrip, heat blue, peening, antique, sharpen, etc), then sell it to get more money for more swords to work on to increase experience. I learned most of what I am doing by examples of what I have researcher here, and that is a very good thing!

However, swords turning out like this German Bastard end up back in my collection rather than getting sold totally defeating my original goal. :lol:
That is some beautiful work on the GBS Jonathan. Great job all-around.

I've been tinkering with one of Gus Trim's Courtrai Falchions. First was a new grip wrap, but I wasn't satisfied with the overall look of the sword, so I did a little tinkering with creating a new look. I have always been attracted to this antique in the myArmoury Albums: http://www.myArmoury.com/albums/displayimage....&pos=7

I worked with an existing pommel and forged a new guard from an old knuckle-bow saber guard. Here are the results.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
Just came this evening .....was waiting for me when I got home work...

Del-Tin 5155 Gothic hand and a half......was chuffed with the balance of this right off the bat (POB 2 3/4" from hilt - COP right at 22").

Weather was crappy so not good pics,but here are a couple....

comparison of the D-T 5155 and my Windlass Verneuil

will get better pics when the weather improves a bit and will get more spec and handling info.tomorrow...

cheers,

Bill
Just noticed Andrew's Gotland and scabbard. Really nice job. I particularly like the whole wooden belt slider and strapping arrangement. The new grip looks good as well.

Nice one,
Darrin.
Scott Kowalski wrote:
Hmmmm..... Now what could this be?

If I open it I should be able to find out. Now what do I have here?

]

I see you got one, congrats man. So what are you thoughts on her?
Thank you Mike. A liitle bit of talking and an unexpected bonus allowed me to take advantage of Albion's sale.

As to my thoughts on it? I have only really been able to do some dry swings in the house due to the lovely Chicago winter. I can say it has a totally different feel them my ATrim type XIIIa. I like them both and look forward to getting out and trying some cutting with it. I am also going to be getting a copy of I:33 as well as either a buckler or heater shield to use with it.

The fit and finish are great and I amextremely happy with it.

Scott
My newest is the Chevalier (just got here today), with blue and black grip. I'm also trying out my new camera, and got these results in-camera (no adjustments except cropping/size):

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

(clickable zoom)
I have to say it, that is one sexy looking sword. I really like the black over blue grip. Congrats on a great looking sword. I really do hope that Albion offers this grip option on other swords.

Scott
My first western sword
The Albion Munich (here with blued fittings and replica Charles the Bold coins in the pommel) just became my first western sword ever. I haven't been able to get really good photos yet, but here's a taste.

Attachment: 87.03 KB
2009-02-03 Albion Munich 333.jpg

Attachment: 43.98 KB
2009-02-03-Albion-Munich-321.jpg

I haven't seen anything similar done with Munich yet. I love it. :eek:

Here are my Del Tins 2142 warsword and 2130 St. Maurice but with exchanged crosses and new red leather grips and scabbards. Nothing fancy, I don't like to spend money on scabbards when there are swords waiting for me.

Arms & Armors Lombardy Rapier is my latest purchase.
[ Linked Image ]

Gabriel,
I love the look of your Munich. The contrasts provide by the darkened furniture and the lighter grip are striking.
Del Tin 5161 Swedish Two Handed Sword

AKA, my Poor Man's Svante...lol :lol:
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Page 25 of 75

Jump to: